Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I still love using the wife's nexus s. There's just something really nice about them. I'll roll it to official google now that ics 4.0.4 is officially out for it.

Davkaus, why buyer's remorse?

Oh and if you want to see instant photo taking, try the galaxy nexus camera. Rather than taking a pic, it just grabs the image as you press the button. Zero shutter lag.

Can any one help i have had my Samsung Galaxy S2 since January and have had problems connecting to Kies i have googled the issue and done all the debugging and restoring drivers but it still wont connect. I only want it so i can upgrade to ICS 4 when Orange get round to releasing it any ideas how i can get it to connect?

This really isn't an Android question, but what do you need Kies for? All software updates for the S2 are OTA (Over The Air).

Pretty sure you cannot upgrade to ICS OTA

So it's been just over a month with Android for me, and I figured a rundown of apps I use might not be totally amiss (it's been a while since anybody posted such a rundown)

Amazon Kindle: IMO the best e-reader app out there

Amazon MP3: haven't actually used it but after some service issues with Google Play that have caused me to swear off buying anything from them

Angry Birds

Amazon Appstore: see Amazon MP3... it's also the only app store I've gotten to work on my gray market netbook

aTorrent: for downloading linux ISOs ( ;) ) when I need to come close to using my data cap for the month

Badass Battery Monitor: better, more informative battery monitor than the one that came with my phone

Cheese Tower: the most addictive physics-based puzzle game I've ever played... needs an update with more levels though

Chess Free

ConnectBot: I still squee a little bit when I ssh from my phone (quite possibly only really useful if you have a phone with physical keyboard... I can't imagine using a software keyboard for this)

DirecTV: US-specific, obviously

Domino's: US-specific (though the UK branch may have an app also)... the amount of pizza that I've ordered from Domino's because of this over the past couple of months is scary

Flashlight

Google+

Landrule: at least until I write my Axis & Allies clone, this is the best territory-and-turn-based strategy game I've seen, on any platform

MapMyWalk (my current favorite route)

Opera Mobile (surprising, I know)

an app for a Swedish website which cannot be linked to on VT associated with a Mr. Falkvinge

QuickOffice (came with phone)

Rocket Player: an improvement over the stock Android and TouchWiz music players

ESPN ScoreCenter

SpeedTest: currently getting 1829 kbit down and 534 kbit up from AT&T's 3G network

NBC Sports Talk

The Weather Channel

TuneIn Radio

Where's My Droid

Looks like S3 keeps the home button, which I'm happy about as I like a physical home key and always have heptatic feedback turned off as it does my head in. But it moves away from ICS and it's all touch sensitive buttons.

What do people think, is a physical home button good or bad?

Got a HTC One X yesterday, absolutely loving it, already rooted with the latest LeeDroid ROM and it runs like a dream. I actually love the screen on it, and HTC Sense is awesome. Really feels like a step up from my Galaxy S 2, not only in the UI, but just the feel of the phone too. (physically)

With the Voda stock ROM it was a bit naff, but as soon as I put a custom one on it, it just flys.

This isn't HTC specific but how good is Google Chrome on ICS. Great browser.

A Bit off topic, but Lumina 900 has got good reviews. Good steps forward for them. I'll be buying the S3 when it's out but am interested in switching to Windows Phone 8 when it's out at the end of the year, Nokia hopefully will have a quality piece of hardware to match with it. But Sammy are releasing a phone with WP8 too.

I'm just bored of Android. I just am. No yet ready to ditch it, but will later this year or early next. Or at least get a windows phone at the same time. But the iPhone 5 could be something special as their last 2 phones have been in my opinion eclipsed by android handsets like the Desire, Galaxy S2. Maybe the new iPhone will bring some wow back.

Interesting year in many ways.

I'm amazed that the Galaxy Note has sold so well, it's surely too big no? While does the stylus actually contribute much or is it a gimmick ? I've never seen one in real life nor talked to anyone who has bought one.

I see lots of people with them at work. My perspective is somewhat skewed as I work on a busy commuter railway and therefore I see plenty of people travelling on business. Apparently they are great for email because of the screen real estate and the battery life is staggeringly good. I wouldnt be surprised if the Note is taking the sort of people who used to swear by Blackberry.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â