Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

S3 owners, how is the charger you got with your phone? Wondering if mine is faulty.

It's always been fairly slow at charging my phone, but now it's so slow that if I use the phone while it's charging, even just to browse the net or use facebook, it still loses charge (albeit slower than if it wasn't plugged in)

And a couple of times recently I've woken up and found that my phone has only charged to around 70% over the whole night.

Whereas if I use my mom's Nexus 7 charger on my phone its rapid. Charges it from dead in about an hour.

Don't know because tbh I use a BB one with mine as the lead is longer and it then sits properly on the chest of drawers in the bedroom.

Check the plug in bit on the plug and the usb connection to the unit?

No issues with charging but the battery is a gay as a maypole - lasts less than a day now.....

MIne's never lasted a day.

Although when I was in Barcelona I had mobile data turned off and full signal everywhere and it lasted aaages.

Even the day i went round the Nou Camp so I took (literally) hundreds of photos and was using the camera for about 3 hours more or less solidly without turning it off, as well as the usual use around that, it lasted the whole day and then some, 9am to 11pm. FInally ran out of juice on the plane home.

I'd usually struggle to make it 12 hours on a normal day with almost no use.

So I think the train of thought of low signal = high battery use is correct.

I came to same conclusion Stevo. The 3G signal or to more exact the weakness of the signal means the phone has to output more power to the radio to maintain connection and it hits battery. 

But the S3 should charge in under 2 hours from my experience. Something is up with the charger / battery. I never used the charge that came with it, I use a charger I bought from an O2 store 2 years ago. 

Rooting is very easy on the S3 anyway, and it'll make your life a lot easier in terms of getting rid of crap and adding apps that let you clean house a little easier

Just disable the apps you don't want and hide them in the app drawer. Simple

Has anyone had problems with their S4?

I've had mine for about a month, it's worked fine. A few weeks ago the charger wouldn't plug in, and it seemed like the 'pin' inside the phone that connected the charger was maybe bend slightly in the wrong direction. I shoved a guitar plec in to bend the pin back upwards, and then it connected fine.

Then last night, (and something that I think is unrelated to the charger not connecting), my phone wont charge.

I've plugged my phone into my charger, and my girlfriends universal charger, and it's not giving me the icon to show it's charging.

I left it plugged in overnight, and this morning it looked like it had charged, maybe 15%. Half an hour later and it said 'connect charger'.

I'm going to take it to O2 after work. I did a google search last night and saw a few other people saying they had this problem, and that it appears to be the battery.

Firstly, if you Google a problem on a phone which sells as much as the S4 you will certainly find a few people who have the same problem. Don't think it's some kind of common unique problem for the S4. People break charging ports on all devices all the time. 

See if O2 will replace the phone otherwise you'll need your charging port repaired. It's quite obvious you damaged the port. Can't believe it'd be that expensive to repair though. 

I've protected this phone like a baby kitten since I've had it. Through being in my pocket and charging it of a night time, all of a sudden, the charger would not go into the port.

All I did was put the thinnest piece of plastic in the phone and lightly prodded the pin until it then connected to my phone again. Samsung damaged itself, I just fixed it so it would do what it was meant to! :D

Also, it's worked fine since it was able to be plugged back in, so I don't understand how the port has then become damaged and resulted in the phone, basically, not recognising that it's plugged in? :S

When I looked on a few other forums, I saw people with the same problem - saying that they've had their S4 for less than a month, and that the battery doesn't seem to be charging.

Just because you don't understand how something happened doesn't mean the phone broke itself or the underpants gnomes came and did the damage at night.  :P  :rolleyes:

See if O2 will replace it or get it repaired. I've damaged the simcard slot somehow on a phone before. These things happen.

What can we expect for Key Lime Pie?

My contract runs out in 8 months time and I am thinking of the Nexus 5 - if that is out in time - I would really like some more storage it would solidify my choice.

Agreed. Storage is so damn cheap these days, charge us an extra £15 or whatever and be done with it.

What can we expect for Key Lime Pie?

My contract runs out in 8 months time and I am thinking of the Nexus 5 - if that is out in time - I would really like some more storage it would solidify my choice.

Agreed. Storage is so damn cheap these days, charge us an extra £15 or whatever and be done with it.

It's different types of storage to SD Cards though. It has to be very fast r/w speeds as the OS is installed on it. Otherwise there would be a bottleneck. 

Just because you don't understand how something happened doesn't mean the phone broke itself or the underpants gnomes came and did the damage at night.  :P  :rolleyes:

See if O2 will replace it or get it repaired. I've damaged the simcard slot somehow on a phone before. These things happen.

If it broke after a month then it should be fixed FOC as its clearly not fit for purpose.

If it broke because you did something daft, then you can't claim it wasn't fit for purpose and you will have to pay for the repair. If it fails because of a manufacturing issue, you are covered automatically up to 6 months. If you can show a design fault, you are covered up to a period defined as acceptable to a reasonable man. Previous case law has established this as 5-6 years for high end electronics. After 6 years the Limitations Act kicks in and there is no recourse unless you can show (criminal) negligence.. These rights come from SoGA and are between you and the RETAILER not the manufacturer.

IANAL or I wouldn't be able to fit that into a single paragraph or type it for less than a few hundred quid.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â