Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I also like the pedometer that was thrown in the other week, something nice about seeing how far you've walked in the past month. I don't have a car and walk a lot, I'd rather walk 25 mins than get a taxi or public transport. So it's nice to see how much you've done every month. I didn't ask for it, Google just told me. Awesome.

The beginnings of something great.

I think if you're thinking that way you shouldn't own a smartphone at all.

No, you've missed it. I love my smart phone and the information it can get for me but I don't want it to start second guessing my movements and shouting up opinions. If I want something I'll get it myself.

But the point is it's there in Google now not all up in your face. I know I don't have to go about finding my way home searching in google maps as I just go into google now and it's one of the options there. I think you're missing the point of it. It's Google knowing what you do regularly and having these things in a handy place for you in case you need them.

Mate just sold his iPhone 4 for £220 on eBay. He's gonna ship it on Tuesday, the day he orders his 8gb Nexus 4. He has an old Nokia to tie him over, who doesn't have an old nokia?

Amazing that a phone that's nearly 2 1/2 years old costs the same 2nd hand as the bleeding edge tech that is the Nexus 4.

True, but brand doesn't last forever, look at Merc's now. Audi is the new BMW, BMW is the old Merc

Anyway he got an iPhone 4 when it came out on contract, contract is up and I gave him the low down on the Nexus 4, then told him the price. He got his phone unlocked for free by O2 and it's amazing he can sell it, this almost 2 1/2 year old phone and get himself a top of the line new replacement which will do him for another 2 years for a mere £20.

As we're on the Nexus 4, Android Central were talking about what handsets you would upgrade from to this. They said the Galaxy S3, no. Camera on S3 is better, batterylife on S3 is better, new version of JellyBean brings little of importance bar Photo Sphere. Then there's no expandable storage or removable battery etc..

So guys on here with your S3's don't worry about the Nexus 4, you likely still have the best Android Phone. Samsung are already penciling in Q1 2013 for the upgrade to 4.2 anyway. It seems the truck loads of money they are making from the phone means they are doing their utmost to keep those users happy and you'll certainly be getting updates for at least all of the Android releases from next year too.

Getting a Nexus 7 this month for my mom (she's got an op coming up on the 29th so will be laid up for a week probably).

I can get the 16gb for £159.99 off the play store, but the price drop doesn't seem to have hit other stores yet. Does anyone know when stores like PC world will drop their prices, if ever?

The reason I ask is because I get a bonus on the 28th of this month so would like to buy it out of that. But that'll probably be too late to buy it online in time for my mom's op.

It's no big deal, I'm just curious and can't find any concrete info on the web.

You know the 32gb is £199.99? Well worth it in my opinion. Also got it for after an op and it's the best decision I've made in a while

You know the 32gb is £199.99? Well worth it in my opinion. Also got it for after an op and it's the best decision I've made in a while

Yeah I do cheers.

But I'm paying for most of it myself and I don't think my mom will need anywhere near 32gb. I think she'll be ok with the 16gb

Yeah I do cheers.

But I'm paying for most of it myself and I don't think my mom will need anywhere near 32gb. I think she'll be ok with the 16gb

Fair enough, either way it's definitely a good investment, sign her up to the free month on Netflix and jobs a goodun.

• Like 1

So what you are essentially saying is you don't love your mum?

Oh I definitely love her.

Just not that much

;)

Fair enough, either way it's definitely a good investment, sign her up to the free month on Netflix and jobs a goodun.

Good idea, cheers!

Getting a Nexus 7 this month for my mom (she's got an op coming up on the 29th so will be laid up for a week probably).

I can get the 16gb for £159.99 off the play store, but the price drop doesn't seem to have hit other stores yet. Does anyone know when stores like PC world will drop their prices, if ever?

The reason I ask is because I get a bonus on the 28th of this month so would like to buy it out of that. But that'll probably be too late to buy it online in time for my mom's op.

It's no big deal, I'm just curious and can't find any concrete info on the web.

Carphone warehouse and rags both had it at £159 in the past week, not sure if there's any stock by you.

:D

Don't really know. Those 3 are amongst the biggest car brands in the world, so not sure what the point is.

I thought it was quite a good analogy. As a former owner of two Audis and a current BMW owner, although BMW traditionally held the marque, Audis are far better cars. Mercedes used to have a poor reputation for quality and reliability; a trait BMW appear all too happy to pick up.

For the money, BMWs are poorly built and overpriced. Similar to Apple products, one might say. I'm desperately trying to shift mine!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â