Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Give it a week and CVByrne will have a barely used phone on Ebay fire a knockdown price, and probably a top of the line model to boot.

;)

This is a very accurate post. How long will I own the Note 2? I can't imagine past the end of the year.

Help needed, I've scoured the web and shirt of dodgy cheap knock offs I'm stuck.

I'm after a One X style rubberised/polycarbonate matte dark grey/black battery cover for my s3, the actual back plate NOT a cover/case thing. Any ideas?

Ok - So I've lived with the S3 for 24 hours or so now.

Thought I'd bore you with my thoughts.

1. It's REALLY slippery - i hate phone cases but I'm going to have to get one because I WILL drop it. A lot.

2. I can sort of see where Apple are coming from when they argue Samsung have copied them. The Camera App is VERY similar to that offered by iOS devices. The stock Samsung keyboard is a clear rip off of Apple's. SwiftKey was installed immediately. I'm sure these aren't the only two things but they leap out as being the worst offenders to me.

3. The screen is gorgeous.

4. Touchwiz is a lot less invasive than Sense on my old HTC Desire - but there is still plenty of bloatware that I will never **** open let alone use.

5. Its featherlight. Compared to the Desire, its like walking around with a feather, despite the increase in size.

6. The battery is monstrous. 1st day user syndrome took over yesterday and I basically didn't leave it alone between 5.30 and 1am. Streaming videos, web browsing, MP3 player, **** about with S-Voice, downloading all my old apps from the Playstore. It took it all in its stride like a goodun. Normal Day to day use, I reckon will be a charge everyother day.

7. Its fast.

8. Its Villa Claret and very very pretty.

9. It made Mrs E realise how much of an overpriced turd her 4S is. :)

Help needed, I've scoured the web and shirt of dodgy cheap knock offs I'm stuck.

I'm after a One X style rubberised/polycarbonate matte dark grey/black battery cover for my s3, the actual back plate NOT a cover/case thing. Any ideas?

Rock Quicksand is what I have, The Matte black is more of a dark grey, and does not add much bulk.

http://tinyurl.com/cfswd98

6. The battery is monstrous. 1st day user syndrome took over yesterday and I basically didn't leave it alone between 5.30 and 1am. Streaming videos, web browsing, MP3 player, **** about with S-Voice, downloading all my old apps from the Playstore. It took it all in its stride like a goodun. Normal Day to day use, I reckon will be a charge everyother day.

I'd be surprised (and quit eannoyed actually :) ) if that's the case.

I more or less scrape a day out of mine, and I'm not a heavy user. 45 minutes of playing a podcast on the way home from work and maybe some youtube videos of an evening is the most I use it.

I have to charge it every night without fail.

I'd be surprised (and quit eannoyed actually :) ) if that's the case.

I more or less scrape a day out of mine, and I'm not a heavy user. 45 minutes of playing a podcast on the way home from work and maybe some youtube videos of an evening is the most I use it.

I have to charge it every night without fail.

Same here, although I have removed a few widgets and things seemed to have improved.

I was losing about 10% an hr just on standby.

Yeah I probably wasn't far off that.

Conor suggested some stuff that helped (getting rid of S Voice totally, for example)

I used to have a charger in my car, but it's broken now. That was great because it meant I got at least an hour's charging in every day (when I'm at work) so never had a problem.

Now it's broken I'm really noticing that the battery is a day at best.

It does seem a lot better now, I charged it around 10pm last night and it is still on 77% but has had minimal use.

The worst one was last Friday, I was out with Carlsberg at a Football do in Lichfield and had 80% at around 7pm I took a few pictures and a bit of internet placing bets and it was almost dead at 11 but this was before I had moved some of the crap off.

Thing to note about the S3 is it's ability to cling on for hours when down to 10% it's got to be double or more time than 20% to 10%

So when you think it's done at 9pm when you're in the red on battery you actually have hours to go.

Also don't use the autobrightness. Set it to 40 or 50%. You'll get a day out of it without fail.

I may wrong. Like I said, only 24 hours use so far and I kicked the arse out of it. Charged overnight, and I'm still in the touch it all the time phase.

Am at work so no livestreaming etc but 45mins of MP3 player with maybe 10 of internet. A few texts and call. Down to 85% having come off charge at 6.30.

Compared to my Desire which was on 65% after I'd laid the morning cable towards the end, its a madman.

I'm at work, so all I've used is a few texts. no calls.

Played about 25 minutes worth of a game on there (went for a shit, and a bit at lunch coz I was bored)

Checked Twitter probably half a dozen times.

I'm on 23% and it came off charge at 6am

I'm at work, so all I've used is a few texts. no calls.

Played about 25 minutes worth of a game on there (went for a shit, and a bit at lunch coz I was bored)

Checked Twitter probably half a dozen times.

I'm on 23% and it came off charge at 6am

Wow, that is low

Actually, I'm suspecting something might be up today, because it's now down to 13% and I haven't touched it since I checked how much battery was left when I wrote the previous post.

it's never usually that low

Ok - So I've lived with the S3 for 24 hours or so now.

Thought I'd bore you with my thoughts.

1. It's REALLY slippery - i hate phone cases but I'm going to have to get one because I WILL drop it. A lot.

I dropped mine the first day I got it, back in June. I was trying to juggle my hoodie, my phone and a bottle of Hobgoblin outside the Bideford Co-op when quite drunk. Not a mark on it, and I haven't dropped it in the four months since. You'll get used to it quickly.

2....The stock Samsung keyboard is a clear rip off of Apple's. SwiftKey was installed immediately. I'm sure these aren't the only two things but they leap out as being the worst offenders to me.

Get Swype. Never type again.

Apparently JB has been released on 3 today, weird that un branded phones didn't get it first.

If I hadn't already made my mind up that it's Nexus for me in the future, this would have been the tipping point.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â