Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

The Note 10.1 has the stylus, which is supposed to be very good. So if you would use that then it would be a very good device. If you wouldn't use it the what's the point of getting an Android tablet like that when Nexus 7 is such great value.

I've no interest in an iPad as it doesn't support drag and drop file management. Also I've no real interest in 10 inch tablets. I like the 7 inch form factor.

Personally I'd wait for windows 8 Mykey. See what they are like.

From what I've read, the Galaxy Note 10.1 is a steaming pile of shit. Don't go near it and just go buy a Nexus 7 already. Best tablet going and at that price it's a bargain. It's been said to death, but it's so true it needs to be repeated.

Aye, I read their review. Steaming pile of shit basically. Engadget are a bit more kind, but still give it a bad review and say you shouldn't buy one. Hopefully Samsung can learn to make a good tablet at some point, as the S pen is a great piece of tech from the sounds of things.

I wonder how it feels being the head of the Note 10.1 project and now reading the reviews, effectively slating all your hard work. Must be a bit crushing.

You can see what they're trying to do though, half the stuff they attempted with the Note 10.1 is their own, for a reason. Stock android can't do, dual screens etc, pop up play etc..

Problem is while on the Galaxy S series they've improved with each iteration of touchwiz (mainly as it's less intrusive now than it was, while still adding useful features), but on the tablets it's still essentially buggy shit like it was on back on the Galaxy S. Hopefully they'll learn.

But the problem remains, it's a bad idea buying a Samsung device that doesn't sell well as you will be waiting eons for an update. Only the Galaxy S series can be relied upon for updates really, and it's brother device the Galaxy Note.

Don't see the point of 3G on tablets. You need data on your phone, so if you have it on a tablet that's another contract/charge when you can just tether your phone and use your single connection.

Nexus7, where have you been all my life? Best buy I've made. A week in and I love it so much.

Now a Nexus 7 3G would be on interest.

I'm on giffgaff so get unlimited tinternet. So when I'm out of a wifi area I just tether through my phone.

WOW Samsung, leaked rom already for the S3. OTA in 2 weeks if Sammobile are to be believed.

That's what 6 weeks after Nexus got update if the time line turns out to be true. I think to a man we have to eat our words about Samsung and updates for the headline device.

Imagine what 3 months early access to new builds of Android will do to the turn around times?

What will be interesting will to be how long it takes them to release JB for the S2 and Note..........

If they get it before the One X and the Sony whateverflagship I'll be seriously impressed.

Seems to be September's or Early October according to Sammobile. Obviously this will be reduced too if Samsung have early access to future Android updates. It's also of zero interest to me as I always own headline phones and buy them as soon as they are out.

It's quite possible that Android updates will be so quick for future versions of the Galaxy S line that the speed of updates to argument will be moot.

But as of yet, these are just words on a website and not reality. We have to wait and see

What will be interesting will to be how long it takes them to release JB for the S2 and Note..........

If they get it before the One X and the Sony whateverflagship I'll be seriously impressed.

Well the One X has a deeply embedded skin in Sense and the S2 also has an embedded skin in that version of touchwiz. The S3 is a less intrusive skin, which is why it's turn around time would be faster than those devices.

But yes it will be interesting to see what gets it first. S2 getting it before One X would be a big victory for Samsung and customers should feel happy in a 2 year phone cycle if Samsung is going to support its headline devices that well

Well as Samsung have just announced they have sold 10 million Notes worldwide you would expect that would value those customers and get it out ASAP and not hold it back for 6 months to entice them to upgrade to the Note 2 instead.

yeah as the note and S2 are so similar, but they run same version of touchwiz on the same processor. The combined sales of both is enough to make Samsung eager to keep those customers happy that when the upgrade their phones they'll want another Samsung.

Brand loyalty is huge in the smartphone sector. I read a piece in the wall Street journal on that a few months back

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â