Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Did you read the page? It's a closed beta, but anyone can apply.
Yes I did, did you?

The Swype Beta is CLOSED

June 2010: Thanks for your interest, the Beta is now closed.

Please register here and we will notify you when the beta re-opens

Anyone can apply and they'll get notified. So what happens when you register?

Swype Beta is Closed

Thanks for registering!

Thanks for registering! We will email you as soon as we re-open the Swype Beta.

The Swype Team

If you don't already have an account you can't upgrade.

Previously TheDon posted the apk packages on here so anyone could download. I was hoping someone could be similarly helpful.

Did you read the page? It's a closed beta, but anyone can apply.
Yes I did, did you?

The Swype Beta is CLOSED

June 2010: Thanks for your interest, the Beta is now closed.

Please register here and we will notify you when the beta re-opens

Anyone can apply and they'll get notified. So what happens when you register?

Swype Beta is Closed

Thanks for registering!

Thanks for registering! We will email you as soon as we re-open the Swype Beta.

The Swype Team

If you don't already have an account you can't upgrade.

Previously TheDon posted the apk packages on here so anyone could download. I was hoping someone could be similarly helpful.

When you said your version has expired I assumed you'd already signed up for the old beta, and they let you download a new version if you had an old beta on that page.

No probs Dirk, thanks.

I've extracted this from a later Galaxy S ROM http://rapidshare.com/files/419824906/Swype.apk . If yours is expired then you've got nothing to lose by giving it a try but there very well may be other stuff it needs and it may check build.prop or something.

Is there an official date for Froyo? All I keep reading is the end of September.

For the Galaxy S? Rumour has it that it's the 23rd September. Samsung have said it will definitely be September so they've not got long left either way. I'm hoping the latest leak from about 3 days ago (JPH) is being re-cut because if they ship this version they'll get slated. Worryingly this build is registered in the Market so either this is the release candidate or there will be a newer JPH.

No probs Dirk, thanks.

I've extracted this from a later Galaxy S ROM http://rapidshare.com/files/419824906/Swype.apk . If yours is expired then you've got nothing to lose by giving it a try but there very well may be other stuff it needs and it may check build.prop or something.

Good try but it is as you suggested restricted - process com.swype.android.inputmethod has stopped unexpectedly :(

Thanks anyway.

That advert (or more properly the English version) was shown during just about every ad break over the course of the weekend's (and Monday night's) NFL games (and during a few of the breaks during FSC's Premier League broadcasts).

Though Verizon's promotion of "buy a Fascinate (what Verizon is calling the Galaxy S*) and agree to a 2-year contract and we'll give you a second Android phone of your choice for free" is interesting. Pity that it's a poxy CDMA network that doesn't allow simultaneous voice and data and is slow as ****.

*: because Samsung for what ever reason decided not to do the usual thing in the USA and make the phone exclusive to one carrier, the carriers instead brand the Galaxy S differently. AT&T offers the Samsung Captivate, which has 16GB of flash but no front camera or LED flash. T-Mobile calls it the Vibrant with 8GB and no front camera or LED flash. Verizon, as noted, goes with Fascinate which lacks the front camera but does have the LED flash. And Sprint is rolling one out later called the Epic 4G which will support 4G service and have the front camera with LED flash. If Sprint wasn't going their own way with their WiMax 4G system instead of LTE, I'd be seriously considering going to an Epic 4G.

Does the Galaxy S have a hardware keyboard? Because Sprint's Epic 4G apparently has one and is a Galaxy S phone.

Verizon also apparently disables the Android Market on the Fascinate (which isn't at all surprising), as they do for every non-Droid branded phone.

You see why I **** hate Verizon Wireless?

I see the Desire HD has got quadrant scores of a shade under 2000, will our galaxy s be able to to that with the froyo update?

The HD still lags behind with the andrena 205 GPU at 41mil triangles to the SGX540 at 90 mil.

Also I see all htc phones now use lcd screens due to a shortage of amoled. But since samsung developed and make the super amoled screens themselves galaxy s phone are still being churned out and sold by the bucket load.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â