Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I love that Google dumped the rear camera from the Nexus 7. Nobody wants or needs a camera on a tablet. It's a complete waste of money.

In struggling here on what size memory one to get. It's so cheap it's a near throw away item. I spent now money pin a pair of shoes yesterday. But as a matter of principle paying £40 for 8gb of storage is criminal.

I do have my 50gb of dropbox storage though and I may bother using Google music thanks to this sly ploy by Google.

But can someone tell me how I get things from my phone to tablet and back without a sd slot ?

darren ?

Few options. Obviously just copy over USB. Or use any of the explorer apps such as Astro with the SMB module to just browse file shares on your Windows ;) computer.

Leave my ultrabook out of the equation though. Say I go on a trip I want to leave the computer at home and just bring my phone and the nexus. I have plenty of storage on my S3 but how to get the content on the nexus without using the Internet or a pc

Possible?

It's a smaller version of the samsung 8.9 tablet, which I have. More recently I've been frustrated with the speed of my samsung though, it pales in comparison to an ipad.

The nexus really does look very good for that price.

I have 50gb dropbox but it's a bit of a balls having to upload and download from that using internet from a hotel etc.. does the Nexus not have wifi direct?

This is very irritating. Hmmm

For your use case, the tablet probably isn't right for you. You probably need something a bit more fully featured. Let's be honest, this is a glorified Kindle. It's made to do the most common tasks that people actually use tablets for very well. Great hardware for games, great screen for reading, light for holding it on the sofa. It's not a media demon by any means, especially as Supercurio has posted that it uses a Realtek audio codec rather than something like a Wolfson which the GS1 and NS has.

It's set out to be cheap and set out to be good at what it's aimed at. It's still the best tablet out there at the moment and will drive prices down in the market, which can only be good. :)

Oh, I forgot. Both of the GS3 and N7 will have tethering enabled so you could connect to each other over WiFi using that technique if WiFi direct isn't build in (Not sure if it's a hardware feature or not). Also, as it's a Nexus device, all the source code will be published meaning that any features not enabled in the Google builds will be enabled on stuff like AOKP or other 3rd party ROMs.

My interest in the Nexus 7 stems from the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which has a Super AMOLED Plus screen. But the price is so high for what I'd use it for, movies and internet on the go. But I thought wait for the Nexus tablet that will prob be better for the price. Which it is, and my gripe is with the price for the extra 8gb.

It's something I need to get over, I'll be getting the 16gb Nexus 7 and have to live with the storage.

SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire -06/27/12)- GOOGLE I/O -- Open Garden, the mobile Internet innovator, today released a Jelly Bean-only feature for its flagship Android application for the Nexus 7 Tablet and other Android enabled devices. Available in the Google Play Store, Open Garden enhancements for Jelly Bean deliver Wi-Fi Direct support, making the application more powerful and creating yet another way for Open-Garden-enabled devices to find each other. Open Garden is one of the first companies to integrate with Google's new Jelly Bean feature.

From that I'd get the impression the Nexus 7 has wifi direct. Hmmm

Link

Why would you need a tablet if your phone does the same and you are able to call, use 3G etc etc

I have a laptop and a phone so I can't justify buying one.

On the other hand, I think I'm going to sell my iPhone 4 tomorrow on Ebay and get the Galaxy 3 for £26 a month free handset.

SD cards - if you have an app installed on it you can't use widgets

1)Installing apps on SD becomes less necessary as internal storage increases

2)No SD means that widgets just work, rather than sometimes working - i.e. a more seamless UX

Moving stuff around

Do you guys have ES File Explorer? Can browse/copy/cut from network. Also acts as dropbox/google drive/microsoft cloud client

I just use AndFTP to transfer files between my linux boxen and my phone

Why would you need a tablet if your phone does the same and you are able to call, use 3G etc etc

I have a laptop and a phone so I can't justify buying one.

On the other hand, I think I'm going to sell my iPhone 4 tomorrow on Ebay and get the Galaxy 3 for £26 a month free handset.

Tablet has a bigger screen, so it's better for watching video and surfing the web.

Wise choice on getting an S3 it's a superb phone.

It's yet to be confirmed but the nexus 7 may have usb on the go. Meaning flash drives can be plugged in. So a usb connector for sd card would solve the storage problem. I have a few micro sd cards.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â