Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

American Psycho is the 20p book of the day on Google Play

It is nothing like the film at all. The film is a goofy comedy horror thing, the book is as cold and as dark as they come. Huge chunks of the book were cut from the film, including the central scene in the whole thing in my opinion. Well worth 20p, even if is just so you wince at the scene with the dog. :puke:

ICS is pretty awesome on the SGS2. Everything looks so nice and it's faster, which seems odd given it was already blazing fast. Heres hoping for improved batterylife. Byut I'm sure with SGS3 only around the corner I won't have this phone for much longer.

I'd prefer it to be more May than April personally. Gives a bit more time with the new life SGS2. I think I got my SGS2 the first week of May after pre order in April. So Maybe it'll be the same this year. Plus Sammy keeping things tight lipped so they can have a big unveiling, so no preorders this year possibly.

Plus I find it mildly funny the Nexus S hasn't got ICS yet. What are Google playing at? This surely puts people off Nexus handsets if there is delays like this.

The Nexus S has had ICS for months, just no official Google build. They must see that the community are getting along fine without them and not be pressured into it. But it is shockingly bad from Google. It put me off Nexus devices mainly for that reason. You pay a premium for a Nexus device for it to be mainly Google's baby, but it turns out to be well-supported only until the next Nexus comes out, where all the Google engineers get the new devices and can't be bothered with the old ones.

I got my Galaxy Nexus less because it was a Nexus and more because it's the best phone around at the moment. Did my standard thing of get a Galaxy S2 on contract (£100 to T-Mobile as an upgrade, 18 month contract to stay on £15 / month with unlimited data), then sold it to buy the Galaxy Nexus. Gave the Nexus S to my wife and she loves it.

Oh and I'm fully AOKP now. Got milestone 4 on my Galaxy Nexus, my Xoom, and the wife's Nexus S. It's far better than Cyanogenmod and is the new best multi-device ROM out there.

Bloody hell, there's an absolute armada of roms coming out now on XDA after the Sammy release and the release of the Kernel Sources. I like the standard mail and calendar apps as opposed to the Samsung ones. What rom to go with? Batista is good but a bit draining on the battery. Anyone tried something else?

Ooooh it's that time again, contract expired, time for a new phone.

Bit bored of my Galaxy S 2 now. Think I will go back to HTC, One X probably. Quad core 1.5ghz. Looks nice.

Has anyone managed to see a One X in the flesh?

Yeah Samsung just has the might to throw buckets of money at smartphones and hence they're top of the pile now. They have a team called the S3 team whose sole mission is to make sure spec wise the S3 is better than the iPhone 5. Sammy just have a load of their own tech and don't need to pay suppliers to manufacture most of whats in their phones hence they can pack more in for less cost.

You'd prob be best holding off buying a phone till we see what the S3 is like. HTC is on the slide imv, with all the profit warnings meaning they prob have less to spend on future products and software development.

Plus it's very very hard going from SAMOLED to LCD, everything just looks dull no matter how good the LCD is.

Oh and I got ICS on my Asus Transformer (ie worst product I've ever spend money on and that includes the Xperia X10) and now the Asus can be at least used for some moderate tasks, I can now type things which I couldn't before on the touchscreen as 3.2 just randomly put the cursor on the screen and outright refused to let you delete anything you've written.

Amazing how bad the device was though, I mean beyond unusable and ultra frustrating it was.

Thing is, this might sound extremely lame, but I dont really like having the phone everyone has. I like to have something a bit different. There's 12 people who work where I work, 9 of them have the same phone as me (S2). I've always been a fan of HTC's and I used my friends Sensation with a custom ROM and it was awesome.

I quite like Sense too. So, HTC One X it is.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â