Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So, Conor, you were going to talk me through some steps to improve the battery performance of the HTC. After doing some reading, I now know the HTC battery is one of it's weak points.

Seriously man, I can't create a contact list on my iplop, or from my pc unless I sync with a non-existent address book.

So many Android phones in the US, and the phones in Japan make our options look pitiful.

More Android market flooding please, I can finally change from this Apple crap and enjoy my phone like I used to.

3 months to get a good job and ready up for football on a flash device...aaaaaaaaand GO!

Sync your contacts with gmail. Problem solved!

And what phones do the US have that put ours tho shame? I can't think of any.

I read the sentence to mean that it is Japan that puts us to shame.

Well Brian without Tasker the best thing is the simple brightness widget, apn on/off widget and power widget. You can turn down brightness, off 3G and auto syncing, those three things save batterylife the best.

With tasker you can do more and automate it.

Nah I'm not paying €4.49 for that. I have the brightness down to about 15% and it still doesn't affect the readability of the screen.

Can someone recommend a good media player / audio app ?

Can someone recommend a good media player / audio app ?

That WP7 one linked earlier in the thread is hella pretty. I also like DoubleTwist, which is free from the marketplace, I'd recommend DoubleTwist if you listen to a lot of podcasts.

I read the sentence to mean that it is Japan that puts us to shame.

I cant really think of anything in Japan these days that tops what we have over here either. Pre iPhone it was the case, certainly but now? Phones are a global business and the manufacturers of the high end phones (companies based in the USA, Japan and South Korea) try to get their phones out to the important markets ASAP. The UK is definitely in that top tier of markets, we get phones months before other "western" countries and we usually get them at the same time as the United States, and in a lot of cases we get them earlier.

I don't think Samsung have anything more powerful than the Galaxy S2 for sale in Korea, do they?

That WP7 one linked earlier in the thread is hella pretty. I also like DoubleTwist, which is free from the marketplace, I'd recommend DoubleTwist if you listen to a lot of podcasts.

I don't currently, but I want to start. I'm downloading as we type! I'll check out WP7 cheers.

DoubleTwist is good for podcasts because you can sync it with a computer. You can set your computer to download shows and then sync to the phone via USB, or if you want to pay a bit of money, wirelessly. I use USB.

You can get podcasts via an app like Listen or Stitcher if you want, I tend to do that if I am out and about and the new football weekly has landed but I prefer not to download 50-70mb files over 3G if I can help it.

Downloading podcasts seems a bit manual/arbitrary. Is there a way to subscribe to, say, James Richardson's Guardian pocast so that it's on the phone as soon as it becomes available? Sorry for what appears to be probably quite an obvious/stupid question :?

I used to use doubletwist loved the widget, was really handy. But once the 2.2 update on the SGS put the Samsung Music player controls in the notifications then I switched to that. It's a fantastic player and the sound quality in the new one on the SGS2 is top notch. I also can't help you with a media player that will play .avi files as the Galaxy series media player is awesome and plays everything. But I think the one on the Desire won't play avi files so you'll need a new one rom the market.

Downloading podcasts seems a bit manual/arbitrary. Is there a way to subscribe to, say, James Richardson's Guardian pocast so that it's on the phone as soon as it becomes available? Sorry for what appears to be probably quite an obvious/stupid question :?

Same way as via iTunes:

m5jU2.png

sYhk3.png

Ehgkh.png

You can do that in Google Reader too and subscriptions there (via the browser on your PC) will show up on your phone if you have Google Listen and the Google Reader app installed.

You can also do it via Stitcher, which streams rather than downloads, but you just search within the app and mark a podcast as one of your favourites.

Oh, and I assume you know already but just in case you dont; you can install apps to your phone via the Android Market web page if you are logged in with your account on the web page.

Ok what's going on with the sensation reviews? Engadget seem to think it has great battery life while techradar and others say it had awful battery life. Who do you believe?

What's the deal with 'Maps' always running in the background? I've googled online and I'm not the only one with it (though it doesn't overly affect my battery life like it does to others). It's just annoying that I can't kill the process (it starts straight back up). I've turned off GPS, I've gone into Settings->Location and unchecked everything, then killed Maps to no avail. I don't have 'google lattitude' as is mentioned online. The only other google related 'Application' that is running is 'Google services' running 'cloud-to-device' and 'messaging'. Anyone know how to solve it?

N64oid, snesoid, nesoid, gbaoid have all been pulled from the market due to sega and nintendo kicking up a fuss, but the developer has migrated them over to the third market slideme marketplace - and for a limited time (to keep current users happy) theyre totally free!!

Get em while theyre free folks!!

Oh and does anybody know where to get n64 roms?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â