Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

But things like this last question are nothing to do with mobile phones. People have just got in the habit of posting everything in the same thread.

The iphone thread is quiet now. If that needs the same treatment later, it can be done later.

Sorry, as its on my android phone I thought I'd post it in here.

This is what I meant.

It's something that's on his phone therefore I'd say it's related to something like "general phone chat"

Yes I know the origin is google calendars which isn't strictly anything to do with mobile phones, and I understand the need for separate topics for everything, but I don't think there's any need to be so militant that someone can't discuss a calendar that they have on their phone, in a thread about phones.

I assume cross licencing of Samsungs Patents by Google lets Google use them for Android no? ie Sony and LG can benefit? Or is ot just more of a Google and Samsung mutual defence deal combining two giant patent portfolios ready to fight back against Apple/Microsoft?

Hard to figure out exactly what Google is thinking here. It could be that they feared Samsung forking Android? So sold Moto and went back to courting Samsung?

If I was a shareholder of Google I'd be very happy with what's happened recently.

but I don't think there's any need to be so militant that someone can't discuss a calendar that they have on their phone, in a thread about phones.

Who is being militant?

I just think this thread has run its course and now people feel they are supposed to put everything into one topic.

Nobody, I was saying if we had a general thread about phones, and you weren't allowed to post about the google calendar that you used on your phone, that would be militant.

This thread is still averaging about a page a day so I don't think it's run it's course.

(I'm not criticising by the way, just a suggestion)

Edited by Stevo985

Looking at all the news and rumours which have come out this week does anyone else think this is feasible.

Samsung are the biggest player in the Android market. head and shoulders above anyone else in numbers.

Google get concerned that if Tizen is a big success for Samsung there will be a move away from android by the makers and Samsung then become the dominant force in handsets.

Google and Samsung have some lengthy chats and a plan is ironed out. Firstly Google cannot own Motorola, which probably suited Google to a point and so this was moved off to Lenovo. Secondly Google cannot sell nexus hardware at the prices they are as they drive prices down which hurts Samsung so Google will quietly kill the Nexus line and instead the Google Play Editions will become the Vanilla Android option for anyone that wants that option.

In return Google and Samsung will enter into a cozy cross licencing deal which will probably include all the Motorola Patents that Google have kept and Samsung agree to remove their apps which duplicate Googles apps that are already in the OS.

Samsung will try and bring OS updates online much quicker.

If this is even close LG get shafted by Google, Samsung get to remain the biggest Android Handset Manufacturer for some time to come just at the point that it looked a little less rosy for them and mainly for us Nexus users we get to pick either a much higher priced GPE handset or a less bloaty Android friendly Samsung

Got my dbrand skin today (for my ANDROID phone)

Its pretty naff to be honest.

The back piece is ok but I can already tell it'll be a couple of weeks before it starts peeling off.

The frame pieces are shit though.

Looked like I'd just wrapped a bit of paper round the edge with pritt stick.

Took them off immediately.

Back piece will do for now, but I'll end up getting a case I think

Before I finally bin android I was thinking of giving the moto g a go. Will I notice much of difference over my S3?

It won't be as good as your S3.

Finally bin Android? Why?

That's an s3 issue, not necessarily android. You do have my sympathies. Get our play with a Nexus phone and the difference is night and day. Android as it's supposed to be (made by Google), as opposed to Android with added complications and crapware (designed by Samsung, a hardware company)

That's an s3 issue, not necessarily android. You do have my sympathies. Get our play with a Nexus phone and the difference is night and day. Android as it's supposed to be (made by Google), as opposed to Android with added complications and crapware (designed by Samsung, a hardware company)

This is why I wanted to give a Moto G a go.

The S3 is doing my head in. Regular crashing, laggy, clunky ui to name just a few issues.

Before you ditch it. Give the Cyanogenmod a go. It's brilliant. I put it on my sons S3 and it's a new phone all together. And it does OTA updates as well so no need to mess around. That way you get the MotoG os features with the good hardware from the S3. Dead easy to do from your computer.

If one wants to be a bit brave, Cyanogenmod has a simple installer now if you want to install their custom rom with a few clicks. Just beware, you void your warranty and the device will be wiped.

The good part is continuous updates and a Nexus feel to the OS

http://get.cm

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

The S3 is doing my head in. Regular crashing, laggy, clunky ui to name just a few issues.

Before you ditch it. Give the Cyanogenmod a go. It's brilliant. I put it on my sons S3 and it's a new phone all together. And it does OTA updates as well so no need to mess around. That way you get the MotoG os features with the good hardware from the S3. Dead easy to do from your computer.

If one wants to be a bit brave, Cyanogenmod has a simple installer now if you want to install their custom rom with a few clicks. Just beware, you void your warranty and the device will be wiped.

The good part is continuous updates and a Nexus feel to the OS

http://get.cm

Done this on my s2 and it's given it a new lease of life. Like having a new phone.

Wish the Cyanogenmod Installer would work with the i9305 and not just the i9300. It was my last hope so it seemed but the S3 LTE seems to be a bit neglected, I guess because it came out not too long before the S4 did.

9305 is supported if you want to do it manually. A little bit trickier but doable.

Install_CM_for_i9305

And the thread on XDA

Edited by Tegis

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â