Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

OK I have found the first joke that is Google Android.

Installed a few apps and last night decided to download co-pilot.

Installed but it wont run not enough memory - tried a bigger SD card same problem.

Now you now this crappy Iphone that is rubbish and not a patch on Android - I had 3 Navigation progs on there and 8 pages of apps & games and never ever had a problem. Christ way back on my Winmo 6.0 phone it always gave you the option of where you wanted to install the program phone memory or SD Card - you dont even get the choice with Android.

Sorry but its things like this that will mean non-techie people will always choose an Iphone.

And yes I know I can move some programs to the SD card but come on why should you need to do that after you have installed it.

Very Poor

You get the choice on 2.2, as long as the app supports it.

Bitch at the app devs for not supporting it, as it's their problem.

Alternatively install a custom rom with apps2sd which will automatically put everything on the sd card, even if the app doesn't support it.

On the Iphone you could setup Gmail as an exchange server and you would receive push email.

I have tried to set it up the same way on the Desire.....is this not possible?

The gmail app supports push by default, you don't need to set it up as an exchange server.

I can't fit as much luggage in my sports car as I can in an SUV. I don't need the luggage, but it won't fit.

If you are happy with the restriction then great, however I think its pretty poor. If I had downloaded a shedload of apps and games I would expect there to be issues but if I have download 10 apps before Copilot then thats about it and in a modern OS you would expect better.

As you like analogies Android is a bit like build a sports car then only putting a 950cc engine in it - you can make it go faster but its bloody hard work.

3. Gmail or Exchange?

Ah hang on a mo.

On the Iphone you could setup Gmail as an exchange server and you would receive push email.

I have tried to set it up the same way on the Desire.....is this not possible?

Thanks for the info C & D. I will have a look later at the wiki page.

That was something I was amazed at with the iPhone. To get GMail set up on it you had to add it as an Exchange server. An Exchange server is nothing like GMail so it seemed really odd.

If you put your Google account in to the phone, it will automatically set up your GMail, Contacts, Calendar etc. sync including GMail push.

If its any consolation, Android has free sat nav which is better than Co-Pilot. You should get a refund if you still can.

If I had paid I would :lol:

I have heard nothing but bad reviews of the free version.

I can't remember the last time I used CoPilot. I bought it about 2 years ago for £25 and it was nice until Google Maps had Navigation, which rendered it utterly pointless.

If you have 2.2 and the app doesn't support 2.2 then you can't really blame the OS, you blame the app developers.

It's your choice if you want to get the apps through other means but in this case if you had paid you'd be able to email ALK and express your displeasure. I didn't think you could even run it without it checking your Google Checkout receipt anyway.

I can't fit as much luggage in my sports car as I can in an SUV. I don't need the luggage, but it won't fit.

If you are happy with the restriction then great, however I think its pretty poor. If I had downloaded a shedload of apps and games I would expect there to be issues but if I have download 10 apps before Copilot then thats about it and in a modern OS you would expect better.

As you like analogies Android is a bit like build a sports car then only putting a 950cc engine in it - you can make it go faster but its bloody hard work.

I have a Galaxy S, it has a shit load of memory so I've never experienced any thing like this. Your gripe is with HTC and their crappy amount of memory, not Android.

If I increase size of page "by pinch and zoom" the hotspot (the green box) that relates to the hyperlink doesnt reduce. So this morning when trying to click on the link in the forum for the Houlier Thread I kept been taken to Amazon which was n advert elsewhere on the page.

Have you changed plugins to on-demand?

Nope.

As Conor says, change it to on demand.

Apple are right to not have Flash as it's crap, but Apple are also wrong not to have Flash as it's bloody useful. I think the Android way of supporting it but allowing you to only choose when it's enabled is a good idea.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â