Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Did you do a factory reset?

It's always the retailer's problem. You have no contractual relationship with the manufacturer. It's the retailer's job to ensure that what they have sold is fit for purpose.

Does the o2 insurance include accidental damage? If so, just claim on that.

Seriously considering going back to iOS when the new phones are out.

I'm bored of the S3 and find it very laggy at times and sick of rebooting, something a rarley had to do when i had iphones. I dont use any of the benefits of android and any more than 1 widget and my phone slows to a snails pace :(

There is something wrong with your phone. Have you tried a factory reset? Tried uninstalling the apps you installed before it slowed down? If it's still slow after a factory reset, it's faulty.

I never have to reboot my phone? Are you closing your apps down properly or are they still running in the background?

What do you mean by closing down apps properly?

• Like 2

Did you do a factory reset?

It's always the retailer's problem. You have no contractual relationship with the manufacturer. It's the retailer's job to ensure that what they have sold is fit for purpose.

Does the o2 insurance include accidental damage? If so, just claim on that.

No chance of a reset as it won't boot up, it's pretty much fried. I have contacted o2 and they are collecting it tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

Bit of advice needed here.

So, sent phone off to Samsung and they send it back saying I got the phone wet!

This, for many reasons, is simply untrue. What can/should I say to them?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/3902-android-general-chat/page-270#entry1004383

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/3902-android-general-chat/page-268#entry995802

Like I said, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this. Yes I know it's the retailer's responsibility but if Samsung aren't going to honour warranties due to an arbitrary sensor showing something that can't be relied upon, then they shouldn't waste people's time even advertising the service.

dodgyknees, you'll probably have to be prepared to threaten O2 (if that's your operator) with small claims court and keep quoting the sales of goods act to get it sorted.

I'm bored of the S3 and find it very laggy at times and sick of rebooting, something a rarley had to do when i had iphones. I dont use any of the benefits of android and any more than 1 widget and my phone slows to a snails pace :(

Have you tried changing the keyboard.

When I used Swiftkey I felt my S3 was very laggy, and it would appear it was down to that. Anytime I opened anythign where yo uneeded to type it would go laggy.

I downloaded the stock Android keyboard (which I'd recommend) and it's been miles better ever since. The only thing I get lag on now is Twitter but that must be down to that particular app because everything else is fine.

Agree on the reboots though. I still have to do that fairly regularly on mine. Think it's just an S3 thing. Eames (I think) had similar problems with his.

I've got into this really bad habit of constantly not having any apps running, even though it doesn't matter, and I know it doesn't. 

Anytime I do anything on my phone I end up going back to the home screen, holding down my home button and closing all the apps.

I don't WANT to, I've just somehow got it programmed into my head to do it and it's really annoying me :)

Have you tried changing the keyboard.

When I used Swiftkey I felt my S3 was very laggy, and it would appear it was down to that. Anytime I opened anythign where yo uneeded to type it would go laggy.

I downloaded the stock Android keyboard (which I'd recommend) and it's been miles better ever since. The only thing I get lag on now is Twitter but that must be down to that particular app because everything else is fine.

Agree on the reboots though. I still have to do that fairly regularly on mine. Think it's just an S3 thing. Eames (I think) had similar problems with his.

YEs to all of the above. 

On a happier note since the weather cooled down the battery life on my s3 has dramatically improved and its back to a one a day charge. 

Weird. 

I got a new charger for mine and it's miles better at actually charging at least. I think the one you get bundled in with the S3 is garbage.

Mine used to take hours (and I mean hours) to charge fully. Sometimes I'd go to bed with it plugged in and it wouldn't be fully charged the next morning. If I used the phone whilst charging, it still lost power.

Miles better with my new one.

I got a new charger for mine and it's miles better at actually charging at least. I think the one you get bundled in with the S3 is garbage.

Mine used to take hours (and I mean hours) to charge fully. Sometimes I'd go to bed with it plugged in and it wouldn't be fully charged the next morning. If I used the phone whilst charging, it still lost power.

Miles better with my new one.

Hmm I dont know where the Samsung one is. 

I have an HTC one plumbed into my desk at work - I use a BB one at home overnight and I've got my n7 and kindle chargers stashed at strategic points around the house should the need arise. 

Where is the sweetspot though.

Buy a phone for £400 and sell for £300 12 months later, buy a new one for £450 and sell for £350, or buy a phone for a phone for £400 sell it for £200 2 years later and buy a new one for £450 and you effectively have spent the same amount.

I did sell my Iphone 4 four months into a contract and bought a HTC Desire, the only drawback is there wasnt the same cover of being able to take the HTC back to O2 which I would have had with the Iphone.

The best method is to buy a phone via eBay a month after its release and sell your old phone preferably not on ebay to fund it. Do this annually and stick with the popular handsets like Samsung or HTC and you'll be fine.

Doing this correctly is about a £150 loss of value on your phone for a years use. Added to the right phone contract it should work out at around £22-25 per month to own the latest phone every year.

Anybody know an average 'going' price for a Galaxy SIII LTE with the box and all accessories? Isn't brand new but I've looked after it well, thinking to sell it to purchase an S4.

My missus just got one and I have to say it is fantastic.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â