Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I love my N7 and probably am in the same boat re: YouTube. 

Ever since you posted the Yogscast video of Voltz I watch a lot of their stuff now. Some of it is **** hilarious. 

Haha yeah. I'm bored of most of their Minecraft stuff now to be honest, usually only watch it when they're playing other games.

You seen any of their Gary's Mod stuff? **** hilarious. "Ghost Hunters" and the one where they build spaceships especially.

Sorry, very off topic.

Is it suddenly 2010 again and there's an iPhone thread in the Tech forum???  :rolleyes:

Striking similarities to the iPhone thread actually.

But not for the reasons you mean, I'd wager.

Excellent!!!

I suspect your irony may be lost though.............

Ever since you posted the Yogscast video of Voltz I watch a lot of their stuff now. Some of it is **** hilarious. 

Haha yeah. I'm bored of most of their Minecraft stuff now to be honest, usually only watch it when they're playing other games.

You seen any of their Gary's Mod stuff? **** hilarious. "Ghost Hunters" and the one where they build spaceships especially.

Sorry, very off topic.

Yes - the "space dick" stuff is superb.

I'm watching Panda's XCOM playthrough at the moment.... its quite satisfying to see someone shitter than me at that game!! 

Watching it on my N7 is a lovely experience as it renders YouTube very well and the screen is clear and sharp with nice colours (HA! I'm still ON Topic)! 

My 13 year old son is always watching the Yogscast and then starts telling me all the brilliant stuff they do...........he is a mad keen Minecrafter though.

Both my Gnex & the N7 got the update yesterday within the space of 2 hours...............its almost like they knew.......

Very interested in the announcement tomorrow from Motorola of the MotoX. 

If its anything like an N4 spec with LTE and a similar price I may well take that as my next handset. The first one I have had since my Motorola MPx200.

My 13 year old son is always watching the Yogscast and then starts telling me all the brilliant stuff they do...........he is a mad keen Minecrafter though.

I've played minecraft occasionally but not very much but I still like the yogscast.

In fact I've barely played any of the games they play, still funny though.

To bring it back on topic, I'll always choose my phone to watch youtube on over my laptop. It just looks so much sharper and smoother on my phone than on the laptop screen.

Further reason why I'd like a N7 as opposed to, say, a new laptop.

I'm seriously considering going over to an iPhone for my next handset - I have no interest in rooting and 99% of the stuff that Android allows you to do, I just want a handset with excellent battery life that does what I want it to, when I want it to and Mrs E's 4s appears to serve her rather well, where as I seem to be forever worrying about battery life and RAM use etc.

That said, I've said that pretty much the same thing every time I'm mid contract and I never quite get there.......

I laughed when I read excellent battery life as a reason for going to the iPhone. Girl beside me has the iPhone 5 permanently charging because it doesn't last a day.

I'm all for making decisions on a device that best suits you. Everyone should do that. But be sure to be armed with the actual facts first.

The iPhone most certainly does not have excellent battery life. Start there. :)

I've said it before, but my iPhone 4's battery was significantly better than my S3.

I can totally understand Eames on that point.

Edited by Stevo985

That's before they decided to increase the screen size AND make it thinner.

I've the stupid octo core S4 which is worse battery life than the normal S4 and it's the first phone I've ever owned that always gets me to the end of the day. Even with hours of constant Web surfing.

I never charge my phone in work and I think that's the way smartphones should be. Do we really need them to get thinner?

I agree. Never charged my iPhone 4 at work and never had a problem.

If I don't charge my S3 at work, I don't always get to the end of the (working) day before I run out of juice.

Aint gonna happen any time soon.  People have been trained to charge their phones overnight so a 16-18 hour battery life is going to be the target for a while yet. 

Never heard of one of those, but after a quick google, they do indeed look awesome.

Would they stream anything from your device or just online content?

I've got a lead that I use to put stuff on my phone onto the TV, but that would be a lot more convenient.

It'll mirror chrome from your browser to tv. You can play local media through the browser. Engadget found what files are supported.

But then apps that support the chromecast api will be able to stream content to the chrome cast. So Netflix is one. YouTube is another. What they do is tell the chrome cast itself to stream the content from the Web.

Ah gotcha.

Sounds pretty good though. 

As mentioned up the thread a bit, I watch loads of stuff on YouTube, but the quality is so much better on my phone than on my laptop. My laptop can't handle YouTube videos in HD. Goes all jerky and out of synch.

So I always end up watching youtube on my tiny (relatively speaking) phone screen.

So this would be a lovely solution!

It's a complete joke that the best I can get in the centre of London is 18 meg when my mate who lives in Portlaois in Ireland just got 150meg 150!!! That's absurd for the country side.

I had 50 meg in 2010 in Dublin.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â