Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Also unless Google have learnt from the fiasco of the Nexus 4 launch on Play it could well be 2014 before you could get your hands on the N5

I think it was pretty obvious from Google's press releases at the time that they put the blame squarely on LG.

It is Google who will be updating the phones. They work closely with Samsung and Samsung servers push out the updates. The fact 4.3 turned up first for the S4 and not the Nexus 4 would be a very good omen that Google will be updating all devices at the same time. Basically waiting until they're all working before the release.

The new nexus is likely to be released with KLP. Can you wait?

The Red HTC One is a stunning looking phone it really is.

So the HTC One in red with google edition installed sounds like your thing. :)

Is it easy to get access to the bootloader on the HTC One? Historically it needed a but if work unlike Samsung who ship their phones with unlocked bootloader. Also leak their firmware non stop before release.

My Tab 7.7 is on Jellybean I flashed myself. Still love Samsung for updating that 2011 tablet to Jellybean. Legends.

The new nexus is likely to be released with KLP. Can you wait?

The Red HTC One is a stunning looking phone it really is.

So the HTC One in red with google edition installed sounds like your thing. :)

Bloody hell if i'd known HTC were going to bring a red model out (fav colour) i'd have waited a while longer.

Its not going to be available though on a deal that would come anywhere near beating my own but still a little pissed off. :rant:

Swift Key - You're sacked. Hello google keyboard. :) 

The s3 has been badly lagging in recent days, FB app deleted, Swiftkey deleted - lets see if it improves. The battery has drained ridiculously quickly recently. Time for a new one. 

To be fair no I don't. 

Is there an established link between battery discharge and the weather? Only reason I ask is that my battery life has been appalling since the weather warmed up. I'm now getting less than 5 hours off charge on my s3. 

Wifi off, mobile data on, screen brightness turned down. It says 50% of the discharge is the screen but I've probably only used it for a total of 10 minutes all morning and its back on charge again. 

It's highly unlikely, I mean most of the American reviews for phones don't give one battery life score for people who live in rainy New York and another for people who live in subtropical L.A. 

Hmmm can't work out whats causing the issue then? AVG says the phone is virus free?! 

at risk of sounding like a whining numpty..... the bottom half of the phone is very hot as well. not the battery... the phone itself. I've switched off and will let it cool down and see whats what. 

Edited by Eames

To be fair no I don't. 

Is there an established link between battery discharge and the weather? Only reason I ask is that my battery life has been appalling since the weather warmed up. I'm now getting less than 5 hours off charge on my s3. 

Wifi off, mobile data on, screen brightness turned down. It says 50% of the discharge is the screen but I've probably only used it for a total of 10 minutes all morning and its back on charge again. 

When you see that 50% battery drain is screen, double tap that and it'll give you the screen on time. Check how long that says your screen has been on. 

On my S3, I'm constantly having to manually set my network operator. I mean constantly, like every 5 to 10 minutes. Then my signal goes again and I have to repeat the process.

A little warning icon in the corner comes up, anybody else had a problem like this? Nobody can seem to help me, I'm on EE but even they can't come up with a solution.

Have you tried factory resetting the phone? 

Yeah, tried a factory reset, tried changing network settings from automatic, tried selecting my network manually and then restarting my phone. All to no avail.

One EE employee suggested switching my signal to 2G only to see if that works, but haven't the foggiest on how to do that on Android, don't even think I can? Besides, I don't think I want to pay £40 a month for a 2G connection really, although it would be better than nothing at all.

Also is it just me, or are people in phone stores really, really, uneducated regarding the technical aspects of mobile phones?

They are sales people, not engineers.  Computer says yes or computer says no is basically the standard of training they will receive. 

Can you expand on:

A little warning icon in the corner comes up

?

I suspect the SIM is losing connection, either from a fault in the SIM itself or in the reader. Do you have another SIM you can try?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â