The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Just noticed there's a documentary on BBC one tonight at 10.35 called 'Insane Fight Club ' about ICW, which is basically a Scottish early CZW

Curious article, doesn't mention something of the most infamous deathmatches such as Razor Blade death matches, and the use in recent times of concrete blocks, syringes and barbecue skewers - MASADA's weapon of choice, he sticks a handful of them in his opponents head so they stick there, really gross!

The grossest thing about that spot was when you wondered what all the dust was - and then realised it was Mondo's flesh literally being flayed from his body O_O

The Mondo documentary 'Unscarred' is on YouTube in full, worth a watch if you want to try and understand why anyone would ever allow that to be done to them for the purposes of, essentially, entertainment.

Edited by hogso

Just noticed there's a documentary on BBC one tonight at 10.35 called 'Insane Fight Club ' about ICW, which is basically a Scottish early CZW

Cheers for the heads up, enjoyed it. Was surreal to see Colt Cobana flyering on the streets of Edinburgh.

• Like 1

Watched that doc. It was good, didn't realise there were any wrestling organisations with that kind of following in the UK (I know their "big" show was only 1000 people, but still)

But one thing that really annoyed me, was the big match at the end of the event. He won it, to become new champion with a Schoolboy roll up.

I absolutely hate when big matches end with something like that. They've put each other through tables, jumped off stages, hit each other with chairs, fought on bars, bleeding profusely etc etc. But none of that puts the guy down for a 3 count.... then a schoolboy roll up wins the match.

Edited by Stevo985

Yeah I watched it last night aswell. Getting an attendance of over 1000 for an organisation of that size is insane. CZW for example get maybe half that at most of their shows, and only slightly more for the biggest shows. They make a their money from merch and iPPV sales, though.

Watched that doc. It was good, didn't realise there were any wrestling organisations with that kind of following in the UK (I know their "big" show was only 1000 people, but still)

But one thing that really annoyed me, was the big match at the end of the event. He won it, to become new champion with a Schoolboy roll up.

I absolutely hate when big matches end with something like that. They've put each other through tables, jumped off stages, hit each other with chairs, fought on bars, bleeding profusely etc etc. But none of that puts the guy down for a 3 count.... then a schoolboy roll up wins the match.

I think Revolution Pro Wrestling is bigger.  It has had appearances from Bret Hart and Ric Flair and Sting is due to appear in April.  It pulls in other decent sized US names as well along with some of the top Japanese stars.

Two of it's alumin PAC and El Generico are currently wrestling on NXT in WWE.  PAC is the current NXT champion wrestling as Adrian Neville.

Preston City Wrestling also has a sizeable following.

Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn (El Generico) are fantastic athletes.  WWE have done really well with making NXT a very good wrestling show.  Rumours are that we may see the following match at Wrestlemania

Cesaro, Neville, Bo Dallas and Sami Zayn vs Jack Swagger, Corey Graves and the Ascencion

I did not realise that Bray Wyatt was the son of IRS and that Dallas is his brother.

Anyone else get the feeling Bryan will beat HHH to get into the main event then right at the end Punk will return and either attack and cost Bryan the title thus becoming an uber mega heel or help him win? Or just wishful thinking?

Think Punk will be off for most of the year.  I really hope Wyatt goes over against Cena.  Wyatt has the potential to be a massive massive star.  His promos are up there with the best.  Heyman is the best on the mic and Wyatt is not far behind.  His promo the other day when he said 'you look up at me and you will see a friend, you look down at me and you will see an enemey, if you look eye to eye at me you will see a god' was pretty spectacular.

Yeah, I'm going to start watching NXT properly, even the Divas are good apparently.  (And I get to watch Paige).

NXT is my favourite part of WWE. The show has a really good feel to it, its got a bit of that Indie vibe but with top quality wrestlers and better production. They also have a great commentary team (even though they mix it up a bit) which really adds to the matches. 

I'm actually a bit worried because they are starting to realise how popular its getting and I can only seeing them ruining it by micro managing it.

Anyone else get the feeling Bryan will beat HHH to get into the main event then right at the end Punk will return and either attack and cost Bryan the title thus becoming an uber mega heel or help him win? Or just wishful thinking?

I can see them putting the strap on Batista. The heat he has at the moment is completely organic, he returned, won the Rumble, people hate him - that's it. They couldn't hope to get as much heat if they did something to show him as a heel. Sure, he's playing up to it now, but give him the title and he'll have unworldly levels of heat. That could set up a pretty interesting feud with Bryan who will, naturally, still be very over.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â