The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

haha yeah :-D

My friend sent me a photo once, he didn't realise it stored previous photos.

Him in a dress.

Weird.

Whatever happened to that stupid angle they were using a while ago where basically a laptop bleeped and was acting as the GM? Did they ever reveal who was behind it, or did it just disappear?

It disappeared and then on the Raw 1000 about 6 months later it made a return and was revealed to be Hornswaggle. Think that was one of Vinnie Mac's deliberate kick in the balls to the fans.

They have a habit of doing that.  Completely forgetting about storylines.

WWE Network is amazing btw.  First thing I watched was Wrestlemania 8.  The first one I rememeber watching from start to finish.

Follow up from Raw last night below:

So after Bryan occupied Raw yesterday he got his wish and got a match with Triple H.  Also if he wins that match he gets a shot at the title later that night.  Also the Hulkster announced a 30 man battle royal for the Andre the Giant memorial cup.

WM XXX card is shaping up:

30 man battle royal

John Cena v Bray Wyatt

Undertaker v Brock Lesnar

Daniel Bryan v Triple H

Randy Orton v Batista v Daniel Bryan (potentially)

• Like 1

Watched the latest CZW event last night, 'High Stakes', which took place on Saturday just gone. Not one of their best (highlight was super stiff female wrestler 'Super Hardcore Anime' LuFisto coming back and teaming with Greg Excellent), but it did provide some interesting information - Drake Younger, known as the Savior of CZW, has signed for WWE and will make his final appearance at Best of the Best (basically a King of the Ring event) next month. He's a decent enough worker, and a very very good deathmatch worker - although he wouldn't be going to WWE for that ofc. He's only a slight guy though, he's pretty ripped but not massive, and isn't a really really good worker like Bryan so thought it was odd. Curious, I looked in to it a bit more, and it appears that he's signed with a view to becoming a referee :blink: Makes sense in one respect, that way he could keep a shirt on all the time and not show off his gnarly deathmatch scars. I'm sure it was him who pretty much had his nipple ripped off one time, he has a gross scar right across his chest  :puke:

The product at the moment (well, for the last couple of years really) is properly good. The roster has some real talent, and while there are still deatchmatches on most cards, it's not the emphasis of the organisation to make it stand out that it once was. They have a really decent wrestler who plays a fantastic heel as the champ at the moment, he's part of a stable called 'The Campaign for a better Combat Zone' and won the strap from MASADA (by far the best non-Japanese deathmatch worker on the planet) a few months ago - a very purposeful passing of the torch, I think. Similar thing happened when Drake Younger first won the title from Nick Gage, who is a horrible wrestler, but likes hitting guys and getting hit with stuff. So, the champ, Drew Gulak, is a heel and a decent wrestler, but better, he's a proper CZW guy. He's not been plucked from somewhere and dropped in, he's been there years and trained at the CZW academy. Much better image for the company I think.

In regards to the deathmatches though, they have improved. In the early years there was Nick Mondo and...well that was about it, just Nick Mondo that worked a good deathmatch that wasn't merely a novelty for guys getting dumped in barbedwire and smashed with light tubes. Now though there are better workers (I say that, High Stakes had MASADA v Mr Tofiga, terrible) and the matches are more actual matches. Jon Moxley (now Dean Ambrose) is a terrific example of a guy who worked a lot of death matches in CZW and made them a decent watch (if you can stomach such things, at least). There's a more recent change going on at the moment, though, where a lot of the best workers are 'retiring' from deathmatches, with a view to moving to the big leagues. It seems to work as Younger, Moxley and Callaghan have shown! Funnily enough this years Tournament of Death might be quite interesting, as they're doing a CZW v BJPW (the big deathmatch organisation in Japan) and it could make a decent show, as the recent ones have been awful. Mostly due to the fact it's just the same guys in the same matches over and over again, cos no one else will work TOD.

But yeah, for old times sake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

The look on Moreno's face at the end says it all really

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â