The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I mentioned it before, and there wasn't much of a response, so I'll try again ^_^

Anyone catch NXT Arrival? Do yourself a favour and if nothing else, just watch the first half hour. Cesaro and Sami Zayn have had a series of matches over the last few months since El Generico debuted with his new Zayn name. The 3rd of these was a 2 out of 3 falls match which was touted as MOTY a few weeks ago. Cesaro won all 3 of the matches (and the 2/3 falls 2-1), and accepted the challenge from Zayn to go one on one a final time on Arrival (basically a 2 hour showcase rather than the normal one hour show, not sure if it's going to be a regular thing?). The result was the opening contest on the show, and was geniunely fantastic. They wrestled a ~25 minute match, emphasis on the wrestled, with no gimmicks (well, not really), no run-ins, a hot crowd, near falls galore, submission attempts, high risk moves, the lot. Watch it.

If you do stuick around for the whole thing, the main event is a ladder match for the strap, featuring the very impressive Adrian Neville, as he is now known. He's a geordie who looks a bit like an orc, but wrestlers like a guy half is size, standing moonsaults, springboard dives, and a corkscrew shooting star press as a finisher. If he makes it to the main roster you have to wonder if they'll provide subs for the American audience :lol:

A quick word on NXT in general - it's a decent product. The crowd is great, and there's some serious talent on the roster. Maybe not so great is that the gimmicks some of the wrestlers have are way, way over the top. I guess it's personal opinion whether that's a bit of fun or just stupid. The normal one hour is usually filled with quick fire matches to try and get the talent as much air time as possible - I'm reminded of shows like Sunday Night Heat which were often well worth a watch if you wanted to see the 'cruiserweight' and high flyers, but the matches had to be short. There are also lots of cameos from 'superstars' and 'legends'. Too Cool, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Steph and HHH are on the Arrival show, for example. It's also nice to hear William Regal on commentary, he's a great colour commentator. There's also a British girl from Narrrrwich who's only like 21 or something the current women's champeen.

Also worth looking out for are the current tag team champions 'The Ascension', proper throw back tag team, with a tag finisher similar (although not as good) to the most brutal finisher of all time

16103%20-%20Total_Elimination%20autoplay

TOTAL ELIMINATION. Can't help but hear that in my head spoken in Joey Styles' voice.

It's a spinning elbow instead of a spinning kick, though

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Some really great matches recently.  The Shield v Wyatts match was brilliant.  Rollins came out looking like a real star.  Cannot wait to see them ply their trades as single stars.  Wrestlemania line up seems to be taking shape too.  Raw was decent this week and WWE did well to curtail the hijacking of the show by the Chicago crowd.  Heyman's promo at the beginning was brilliant.

Wrestlemania line up looks as follows

Cesaro v Swagger v Big E for the intercontinental championship

Usos v Outlaws for the tag team titles

Sheamus v Christian

Reigns v Ambrose v Rollins

Bray Wyatt v John Cena

Daniel Bryan v Triple H - maybe DB gets a title shot at the main even if he wins?

Undertaker v Brock Lesnar

Randy Orton v Batista - maybe Randy Orton v Batista v Daniel Bryan

I can't imagine that WWE will leave the main event as Randy Orton v Batista - they will be booed out of the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XBbdh1HHKc

"If I hit a him with my left hand and he doesn't go down, I will walk around him to see what's holding him up"

Harley Race was the man!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â