The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching a lot of wrestling lately on YouTUbe. Just for nostalgia really, but stumbled across some matches I'd never seen before that are good. Orton vs Mick Foley and ECW One NIght Stand as a whole, for example. Great stuff.

I also stumbled across the first 2 episodes of Raw from 1999. Absolutely brilliant stuff. I'm sorry, but wrestling was actually brilliant back then.

Also been trying to get back into the current WWE but it's just not happening. I like a couple of the wrestlers but it's pretty crap. How long has The Great Khali been in it? I think he's the worst wrestler I've ever seen on WWF/E

Also, what's with all the weird camera angles? It's like they're trying to make it into The Bourne Identity.

That's my favourite pop too.  The crowd go visibly wild.

I also like the Zamboni one, that's my favourite prolonged pop.  JR said he spoke to a cleaning guy (can't remember what arena) and he said not even during the Stanley Cup had he ever seen or heard a a crowd go that crazy.

Yep, I was lucky to be that age at that time.  I started getting 'smart' (thanks to reading powerslam) about 2000.  Obviously I didn't think it was real, but I had much better ability to suspend belief back then.  Now I just over analyse everything, but it's not helped by everything being turd. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still like being one of the elder statesmen in this thread.  Looking at that history chart and realising the guys who were champion when I was watching are all on the top row is kinda cool. :) 

• Like 1

I understand there's a 2 part programme about Lord Lucan in the UK at the moment, so I guess this is Lady Lucan trying to set the record straight...

Lady Lucan's statement

He was a heavily addicted gambler (not an adulterer).His affairs were always chaotic, he rarely paid bills without many reminders, seldom bothered with insurance ("If you need insurance you can't afford it and if you can afford it you don't need insurance") …In any event, he wasn't expecting his own imminent death, he was expecting it would be me who died!

They really should sack the creative staff if this is the type of storyline WWE is gonna keep churning out.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â