The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

11 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Depends what you mean by "today's audience" really - kids love(d) Cena who was the All-American Hero, not the biggest guy but could pull off slams/lifts etc against huge guys. There was also Rey Mysterio who also had the "unfathomably small guy beats monster" schtik, which people somehow loved. Hogan was that.

If you mean "currently" then no, he'd probably be IC level at best because of his lack of charisma.

I'll still feel very nostalgic and sad when he dies

I’ll feel the same as the late, great Iron Sheik would were he still among the living 😉

• Haha 1

Good to see Rhea back but in kayfabe terms are we meant to believe that Rhea and Dom haven’t seen or spoken to each directly for 3 months and she has just been sat at home watching the woman that injured her make moves on her bloke every Monday?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Depends what you mean by "today's audience" really - kids love(d) Cena who was the All-American Hero, not the biggest guy but could pull off slams/lifts etc against huge guys. There was also Rey Mysterio who also had the "unfathomably small guy beats monster" schtik, which people somehow loved. Hogan was that.

If you mean "currently" then no, he'd probably be IC level at best because of his lack of charisma.

I'll still feel very nostalgic and sad when he dies

The audience from the 80s and 90s are differ today. They get bored veey easily on gimmicks. Hulks gimmick would have gone stale much quicker in todays era in my opinion

Hogans heel turn saved his career

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Good to see Rhea back but in kayfabe terms are we meant to believe that Rhea and Dom haven’t seen or spoken to each directly for 3 months and she has just been sat at home watching the woman that injured her make moves on her bloke every Monday?

I agree. The angle is abit wierd. Its also veey obvious finns going to tuen on priest very soon

Think you will see a JD without priest and Ripley soon. Dom is going to screw Ripley at summerslam 

On 26/01/2024 at 09:22, Davkaus said:

The list of allegations is worth a read but not very VT-friendly. The least troubling of them is that he likes to poo on people's heads. Allegedly :D 

As I’m not into wrestling I’ve only just heard about this.

What a freak. Has he been charged yet?

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

As I’m not into wrestling I’ve only just heard about this.

What a freak. Has he been charged yet?

McMahon is as huge of a 100% garbage human being as you’ll find 🤬

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dom is going to screw Ripley at summerslam 

Is Ric Flair going to walk out and interrupt them like he did Lita and Edge?

On 07/07/2024 at 10:54, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Hogan’s the absolute worst, total 💩💩💩. Horrible in the ring (leg drop as finishing move? 🤣🤣🤣) and not even especially good on the mic. It’s disgusting that he became both the face of rasslin’ and so damn famous/wealthy. 🤬 Loathe the mofo 

🤮🤬

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

Hogan is the biggest wrestling "politicker" (if that's even a word) of all time. The only reason he joined the NWO was because he saw how popular they were, the story is that his spot in the NWO was going to Sting until he pushed for it. IMHO he's jumping on Trump's bandwagon because of how popular he is after the assassination attempt. He's a proven liar too, he'll say anything to make himself the centre of the story.

His initial popularity came at a time when America became more nationalistic and aggressive under Reagan, and Vince McMahon recognised he needed an all American hero. He was pushed because of his cartoonish look. In reality he was a steroid junkie with the biggest bald spot known to sports. Of course the kids loved him, just like they loved Mr. T, Arnie, Indiana Jones etc. He was Americana come to life.

On 07/07/2024 at 20:01, StewieGriffin said:

Looking back as an adult, you can see how shit Hogan was for the reasons you say. But as kid... man I loved him 😂

The youth of a few years ago will feel the same when they get to their 30s about John Cena

Hogan also was the most heel wrestler about but still fans loved him. He did the heel antics in nearly all his feuds like Savage, Sid and Andre

8 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Hogan is the biggest wrestling "politicker" (if that's even a word) of all time. The only reason he joined the NWO was because he saw how popular they were, the story is that his spot in the NWO was going to Sting until he pushed for it. IMHO he's jumping on Trump's bandwagon because of how popular he is after the assassination attempt. He's a proven liar too, he'll say anything to make himself the centre of the story.

His initial popularity came at a time when America became more nationalistic and aggressive under Reagan, and Vince McMahon recognised he needed an all American hero. He was pushed because of his cartoonish look. In reality he was a steroid junkie with the biggest bald spot known to sports. Of course the kids loved him, just like they loved Mr. T, Arnie, Indiana Jones etc. He was Americana come to life.

Dude, he is a real American, fights for the rights of every (straight white Christian Republican) man 

IMG-0216.gif

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hogan also was the most heel wrestler about but still fans loved him. He did the heel antics in nearly all his feuds like Savage, Sid and Andre

BAH GAWD, THAT’S THE NATURE BOY’S MUSIC!!!

IMG-4937.gif

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He does realise this is real life and not pre determined wrestling 😂

Waiting for him to hit the Big Boot on Biden 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â