The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

Once again NXT put on a show that the main roster will struggle to come close to.

That is made all the worse by the fact the main roster only has a 2 hour or less window to put on proper matches given half the show will be taken up by the two Rumble matches.

Going to be an interesting PPV for sure especially to see how the fans react to two Rumbles especially if the first one doesn't deliver in spectacle, spots and surprises.

All in all I think on the WWE side NXT will walk away this weekend yet again victorious, their talent just seem to care more about putting on solid matches.

Surely makes sense to start with female royal rumble then end with male one.

its obviously going to be aksura or if rousey enters wins

mens will be reigns without question now he has entered watch the boos. Although might be nakamura.

gonna say Owens and zany beat aj too as this would continue storyline with Shan and Bryan and have them as first go champs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

How do we know the women's is last up?

I think the Men will close the show.

The Women's Rumble is very much an experiment for now so I think if the Women do enough to get another Rumble next year then they may close the show then, but as it stands the Men will close with the obligatory point at the WrestleMania logo finish.

Could be wrong though WWE may just go full steam ahead and give the Women another landmark achievement of main eventing one of the Big Four PPV's.

What is more likely is the Women open the show and WWE will talk it up as a co-main event despite everyone knowing it's not one. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I do not see how having women main event a PPV is going to be as big of a draw.

I can't see it being a massive draw and I could see lots of viewers especially those in Europe going to bed after the Universal/WWE Title matches if its guaranteed that the Women will close. 

WWE are just so focused on setting WWE records with the Women, but I think they need to pace themselves with that so it doesn't seem so forced. 

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I can't see it being a massive draw and I could see lots of viewers especially those in Europe going to bed after the Universal/WWE Title matches if its guaranteed that the Women will close. 

WWE are just so focused on setting WWE records with the Women, but I think they need to pace themselves with that so it doesn't seem so forced. 

Yes, if they did this, the Nielsen TVRs would be fascinating, I agree that they'd likely nose dive as people switch off and do something better. 

Women’s wrestling just isn’t very good. 

Nothing to do with their gender, it’s just that, as with a lot of (“real”) sports, the standard is generally much lower than the men. 

• Like 1

I'm pissed off as the last two years I've had an email offering a month's free WWE Network subscription in time for the Rumble.  Same with Wrestlemania and Survivor Series.  They must have finally worked out I have no intention to pay for it.  I dont mind women's wrestling but a whole Rumble seems a bit overkill, the men's one is usually great but even then a bit of a struggle to sit through.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Women’s wrestling just isn’t very good. 

Nothing to do with their gender, it’s just that, as with a lot of (“real”) sports, the standard is generally much lower than the men. 

How recently have you seen it?  It has massively massively improved over the last few years.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Women’s wrestling in WWE just isn’t very good yet. 

Ah, there are plenty of women's wrestling promotions around the world that disprove this suggestion. Most notably Stardom in Japan, Shimmer in the US, and historically AJW, whose ace, Manami Toyota would be a strong shout for the best wrester of either gender of all time. Just cos you haven't seen any good women's wrestling doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Unfortunately you've probably been conditioned by WWE over the years to believe that women's wrestling can't be as good as the men's. 

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Ah, there are plenty of women's wrestling promotions around the world that disprove this suggestion. Most notably Stardom in Japan, Shimmer in the US, and historically AJW, whose ace, Manami Toyota would be a strong shout for the best wrester of either gender of all time. Just cos you haven't seen any good women's wrestling doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Unfortunately you've probably been conditioned by WWE over the years to believe that women's wrestling can't be as good as the men's. 

We were talking about the WWE. I’m aware better female wrestling promotions exist. 

Well even the WWE’s women are pretty good now. Paige, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Bayley, Asuka, Ember Moon, Candice La Rae has just joined, Kairi Sane etc... Gone are the days mostly of pin up big breasted bimbo’s trying to be athletes.

I wanna see 200lbs of flesh making the whole ring wobble, not some 90lb woman bouncing off it without so much as a fart rustle.

The same rule applied to that shitty skinny Dudley boyz from ages ago, and most of the lightweights. 

I always lol'd at "lucho" matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Well even the WWE’s women are pretty good now. Paige, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Bayley, Asuka, Ember Moon, Candice La Rae has just joined, Kairi Sane etc... Gone are the days mostly of pin up big breasted bimbo’s trying to be athletes.

It’s definitely come on leaps and bounds. 

But the standard is still miles below the men. Which is the point. 

Just as as football fans want to watch the highest standard of football. Wrestling fans want to watch a high standard of wrestling.

and the female division isn’t it. 

For me the women’s wrestling standard is good imo. You can’t go in expecting the same strength, physicality and impact as a male match, it’s its own thing and should be judged on its own merits. I’ll agree to disagree.

Enjoyed the rumble. 

Spoiler

Delighted when Cena was eliminated, **** hate him

I like Finn Balor

And Nakamura is insane! It’s wrestlers like that which will get be back watching :) 

Edited by Dick

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just as as football fans want to watch the highest standard of football. Wrestling fans want to watch a high standard of wrestling.

and the female division isn’t it. 

If this were true you wouldn't be watching WWE and therefore would more than likely see the higher standard of women's wrestling. 

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Some interesting developments over in japan with KO. 

It was very well handled. 

Spoiler

Although I did think Jay could've had a bit more time to gloat about his title win. But man, what a great example of why I love the Japanese crowd they ate up every moment :D I guess that was the formal Golden Lovers reunion and Cody is now the Bullet Club leader, be interesting to see where it goes from here. Also nice to see the Hangman in a bit more of a prominent place, guy is great. 

Would love to see Omega challenge Suzuki now. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â