The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Yeah found that now.

It's still not very intuitive. It doesn't tell you which ones you've watched. And when you finish one it shoudl give you the option to watch the next one.

And I also meant having a chronological list of every event. So you wouldn't have to switch between raw/smackdown and PPV lists. 

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I haven't watched Wrestling for years but it really was quality entertainment in the late 90's.

I remember how excited me and my mates got for Summerslam '96. Those weeks of build up with AC/DC - Highway to Hell on the adverts was amazing.

that was 98 ;) was probably same time I got into it fully 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And I also meant having a chronological list of every event. So you wouldn't have to switch between raw/smackdown and PPV lists. 

This would be excellent, and really seems like the most obvious way to go about it. No complaints though, having all this at my beck and call has been brilliant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daweii said:

One it still blows me away to this day that he carried on the match, I get that adrenaline helps but I am currently healing a torn hamstring and it kills to get out of bed in the morning. I actually couldn't imagine having to carry on my daily task as if it hadn't happened like Hunter did there..

Second watching that I realise what WWE is missing and it's not the raucous audience though that would help, it's the constant camera cuts to make the action look every more intense and fast paced. I have watched that match more times than I can remember and it still gets me excited as there are some segments in that match where the camera angle changes like 9 times in less than 10 seconds and it helps so much. Current WWE has the one fixed TV cam and then a handful of action cams that are more there for instant replays or for when the match goes out of the ring, here they were cutting to angles to ramp up excitement and I miss that..

I agree totally.  I tried the Network last year having gone a couple of years without watching wrestling, the back catalogue was great but watching the new PPVs was a bit torturous because of the production value and directing, there was just something so sloppy and slow about it.  Obviously the talent isnt in the same league as it was back in the day either which doesn't help, but frankly the show itself was unwatchable.

Edited by sharkyvilla

• 2 weeks later...

Up to December 1996 (I think. Just after Survivor Series)

Some random thoughts:

It's not very good.
Psycho Sid is awful on the mic. Crap champion.
VillaAjax was right, Sunny is incredible.
Vince on commentary is terrible.

Some of the gimmicks are laughable. Farooq's gladiator gimmick before he went all NOD, "Leaf Cassidy", Bob Sparkplug Holly. How did they come up with that shite?

Looking forward to seeing the transition into he attitude era.

He's rubbish. I said earlier it's like video game commentary. He doesn't know the names of any moves (which JR brilliantly points out at any opportunity) so it's just the same generic commentary all the time, in the same voice.

"1

HE GOT HIM...

NO!"

Every 2 count.

Former CZW Champion Drew Gulak has qualified for the next stage of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic. Great worker, massively technical wrestler in the style of Dean Malenko, maybe a bit boring for the masses, but a nice addition to some of the more flashy and high flying wrestlers that will be in the tournament.

There's a fantastic Fergal Devitt documentary on the BBC iPlayer at the moment called 'Smack em up'.  Follows his last tour in Japan before signing for WWE.

Includes some footage of him wrestling for ICW too.

• Like 1

I see Kurt Angle and Mick Foley will be at the big ICW show later in the year. I've never watched any of it, but they must be doing alright to afford those guys.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Angle needs to come back to wwe

I'd love that.  I'm never sure quite how sane he is, though.  I've watched some old videos of him and he really is up there with the absolute greatest.  I'm sure he must be close to getting in the hall of fame next year.

So while Extreme Rules was pretty run of the mill and a logical and boring continuation of the same 5 feuds we've seen on Raw and Smackdown for 2 months,

Spoiler

Jericho. What a bloody legend. I never, ever thought i'd see thumb tacs in WWE again, and when I did I was sure it would be Ambrose going into them. A genuine wow moment.

Also having no Cass on the main card was a shame. He's so over with the fans at the moment it's not funny. Hopefully Enzo is back shortly

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â