The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Have you seen that hype guy from NXTs finisher? You think Barretts look weak, have a look at that. Ridiculous :lol: Mojo Riley or something his name is I think?

Haha yeah, Mojo Rawley his name is and the finisher's 'Old School' in a Hulk Hogan Leg Drop way to say the least, 'Hype-R-Drive' it's called, 

Here it is at the end of this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXG0gvgy_Bo

- where he beats a guy with.....dreadlocks....with it.

EDIT - Mind you, the the moves before it, the splashes and the back kick set it up well here, but it'd get a bit predictable if he did all of that every time, although variations may work and I suppose it'd create some tension as the opportunity is there to counter him.

Say that. it all came out of a counter by him, so there's a lot of scope there for movement I suppose, even if the actual finisher itself is quite basic.. 

Did... did he just get the pinfall via cocksplash?

jimross-1.gif

• Like 1

Cesaro's uppercut can look good (not as good as his Alpamare Waterslide), but yeah I'm not a big fan of striking finishers unless you've got someone who can pull them off with Goldberg-esque force (like Reigns).  Someone in WWE should really adopt the Graveyard Smash from the indies as a finisher; Fisherman hook suplex into a sitout spinebuster, looks brutal and if you stalled the suplex before the slam it could easily sell as an über-power move.

Yeah happened on Raw.  He got berated by Stephanie McMahon for losing to Daniel Bryan and that he had gotten soft.  Cue masked Kane coming back.  He will most likely face Daniel Bryan for the title at Extreme Rules

When The Greatest Tag Team of All Time debuted in WCW in the month of August in the year of 1993, Booker T was called Kole and Stevie Ray was called KANE

Mmmm....very interesting isn't it?....

Of course when I write 'The Greatest Tag Team of All Time' I am of course referring to The Ebony Experience Harlem Heat.

The greatest tag team ever. :D

I'll meet you half way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NL6U1k5mLg

Even though this wasn't actually a real Tag Team, although I wish it was, unless you mean The Executioners? The original Executioners were quite formidable in the 70s

I guess it will be Crow Sting that shows up in WWE. I have no idea whatsoever what sort of an angle he would have when he arrives, though. Couldn't even hazard a guess. I do hope that they introduce him via the classic lights go off, chair w/ trenchcoat & black baseball bat appears in the ring. What about his entrance music? I always liked Seek and Destroy for him.

Strike finishers are great! Cesaro's uppercut is great, although yeah not a finisher.

Watched CZWs Best of the Best XIII last night, rather predcitably WWE bound Drake Younger won it. 'Speedball' Mike Bailey made a very impressive showing in one of the early rounds, though. Highlight was probably Kevin Steen coming out and beating up the owner, DJ Hyde, at the start of the show. Dunno if that means he's going to be appearing more for them, though. Guy is a beast. Noticed someone on Raw wearing a Kill Steen Kill shirt the other day too.

The greatest tag team ever. :D

I'll meet you half way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NL6U1k5mLg

Even though this wasn't actually a real Tag Team, although I wish it was, unless you mean The Executioners? The original Executioners were quite formidable in the 70s

Personally I think they missed a trick with a Koko B Ware/Stevie Ray tandem.

• Like 1

Has Sting officially signed then?  I can't see anything.  They were strong rumours last week but they seem to have gone quiet.

He's appearing on WWE Network next week I believe.

Â