The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Was that when The Rock started? 

Yeah, The Rock and Stone Cold spearheaded it but there was so much other stuff going on too.

Wrestling's true golden era, it was more popular then than it had ever been before or since.

Spoiler

Yesterdays 25th RAW looks pretty impressive, have not watched it all but caught a few glimpses on youtube, Stone Cold, Undertaker, DX, Trish Stratus, APA, Godfather and many more!!

Oh and it's always good when Vince gets stunned, he didn't sell it as well as he normally did though lol

On 1/21/2018 at 01:00, Wainy316 said:

Yeah, The Rock and Stone Cold spearheaded it but there was so much other stuff going on too.

Wrestling's true golden era, it was more popular then than it had ever been before or since.

The Attitude Era. Nostalgia overload.

The Ministry, DX, Corporate Ministry, SCSA/Vince.. good times. Remember how I really looked forward to watching Raw on Friday night. The promos were immense.

Spoiler

I am going to be honest, I thought it was pretty lame. It just seemed like a poorer version of the 20th raw.

no rock either

also they should have had aj styles come out with the club as one night only. What a chance missed. 

The poker part was also lame. Didn't rate it at all barring the part with Austin. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Weirdly they had it in two locations and the fans in the Manhattan Center got to watch most of Raw on a tv screen. They nearly rioted apparently. 

I heard that they were not happy before watching it and after watching I wouldn't have been either.

The Brooklyn crowd got a standard RAW including almost every match, promo and planned segment.

While the Manhattan crowd got Undertaker doing shit all, Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt, Degeneration X doing what they do and The Revival getting squashed.

Aside from being in the iconic venue of Monday Night RAW they got absolutely nothing and likely paid more for their ticket as well.

It was an average RAW overall as well so add that to the woes of the Manhattan crowd, not only did they miss 90% of the "legends" but it wasn't even a great episode of RAW.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

havent seen in a while but did something happen to Vince?  i know he is older but he looks terrible

He's old and he doesn't know how to slow down. He had a recent surgery to fix a persistent torn quad issue, he had a hip replacement recently, but ultimately he doesn't slow down he's working as much now as he did in his 30's and 40's.

There has been talk recently of him retiring and handing WWE off to Stephanie McMahon, but he will only be doing that to focus 100% on his new business Alpha Entertainment so he'll only truly stop when he's dead.

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He's old and he doesn't know how to slow down. He had a recent surgery to fix a persistent torn quad issue, he had a hip replacement recently, but ultimately he doesn't slow down he's working as much now as he did in his 30's and 40's.

There has been talk recently of him retiring and handing WWE off to Stephanie McMahon, but he will only be doing that to focus 100% on his new business Alpha Entertainment so he'll only truly stop when he's dead.

I understand the age thing but his eyes looked really weird that I thought he was ill

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I understand the age thing but his eyes looked really weird that I thought he was ill

It wouldn't surprise me if he is ill or at least exhausted as he's thrown 110% of himself into starting a new business. Vince tries his hardest to keep his health private so their could be something wrong.

--------------------------

Other news Enzo Amore got released an hour or so ago. What makes this unique is WWE operate on innocent until proven guilty which is why they suspend until they are confirmed guilty, but here they have released him without a public guilty verdict.

For those that don't know Enzo Amore was accused of drugging and raping a girl in October and investigations have been happening since then.

Now it only recently became public and that is when Enzo was initially suspended as is WWE policy, but since that suspension he has been released so whether WWE know something we don't or not he's officially gone.

• Like 1

I didn't particularly like last night, it seemed like they didn't really know what to do with all of the returning legends,.

Oh and the enzo news doesn't particularly surprise me. I get the vibe that his personality is very similar to the way his TV character was portrayed. 

Edited by Villaphan04

I seen enzo before the guy is a complete and utter dick head. He ignored fans who asked for pictures and spoke to people like they were beneath him.

for him to be released something's happened for sure. He will be looking st big jail time if this is proven. 

He was fired because he knew about the investigation since October last year but didn’t think it was important enough to let anyone at the ‘E know about it. He kept it quiet for 3-4 months. He is of course innocent until proven guilty but not telling your company about it was a big no no.

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

He was fired because he knew about the investigation since October last year but didn’t think it was important enough to let anyone at the ‘E know about it. He kept it quiet for 3-4 months. He is of course innocent until proven guilty but not telling your company about it was a big no no.

Oh really, well if you are innocent you tell your employers. Did he think they wouldn't find out? What a absolute idiot 

Watched a bit of Raw 25 last night and enjoyed it, before a power cut switched all electrics off. Tempted to sign up for WWE TV again, just to watch the classics.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â