The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I didn't know they split...

So who everyone think will win rumble?

I think nakamura. Surely it wont be reigns?

I think Cena is going to tie Austin, and that's gonna really piss me off.

I have Nakamura to win the Rumble as Styles vs Nakamura is the main event WrestleMania deserves. 

As for the Women's Rumble, I have Asuka to win that one. Asuka vs Bliss is the co-main event WrestleMania deserves.

10 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I have Nakamura to win the Rumble as Styles vs Nakamura is the main event WrestleMania deserves. 

As for the Women's Rumble, I have Asuka to win that one. Asuka vs Bliss is the co-main event WrestleMania deserves.

I think Ronda Rousey will win the women's one. Have a feeking she will be a suprise entrant at number 30

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think Ronda Rousey will win the women's one. Have a feeking she will be a suprise entrant at number 30

I forgot about Rousey. Now that you mention it her winning to set up a co-main event against either Bliss or Charlotte makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I forgot about Rousey. Now that you mention it her winning to set up a co-main event against either Bliss or Charlotte makes sense.

Rousey vs Charlotte

Bliss vs aksura

But realistically if Rousey went wwe no woman stands a chance against her. Nor even nia jax

• Like 1

Ah, I dunno, Candice LeRae has just signed and given the huuuge push Bayley got based on her character and in ring skills Candice could go far too. Although as you say, 'realistically'...maybe Baszler? Although granted, her MMA record isn't exactly in the same league as Ronda. Even if Ronda is a one trick pony (it just happens she's the best female in the octagon at that one trick!). This mixed tag things seems interesting too, is there any suggestion they'd actually make a title out of it? Reason I mention it is Candice and Joey Ryan as The World's Cutest Tag Team has been a super hot commodity in the indies for a few years. Maybe this tournament is simply testing the waters, but if it's a success, it would make sense. It would certainly slot nicely in to the whole male/female equality thing.

Edited by hogso

Spoiler

I have to say that this Miz promo has some real truth to it. He has been on fire for the past year or so and has imo been one of the people that has carried raw.

For the Rumble I'm thinking Reigns (though it would backfire spectacularly as it did the last time the RR was in Philly). 

If he still is the IC champ I think Nakamura wins. 

For the women, i think Rousey to set up a WM match v Charlotte

On 1/15/2018 at 14:05, Demitri_C said:

Rousey vs Charlotte

Bliss vs aksura

But realistically if Rousey went wwe no woman stands a chance against her. Nor even nia jax

I read that Shamrock was never allowed be beaten cleanly when he was in WWF, I imagine Rousey agent be pushing for something similar

My lad is seriously into wrestling now. I've watched a few with him, and if I'm being honest, I think it's a load of shit. It's not a patch on the late 80s  90s wrestling. When did it get so boring. There seems to be no characters. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My lad is seriously into wrestling now. I've watched a few with him, and if I'm being honest, I think it's a load of shit. It's not a patch on the late 80s  90s wrestling. When did it get so boring. There seems to be no characters. 

I’ve stopped watching WWE the last few months but before I did it was all about AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Neville, Asuka, Aleister Black, Bobby Roode and Braun Strowman for me. Rollins is a class act but gone off the boil recently as has Finn Balor. Shinsuke Nakamura is finding his feet in WWE slowly and I’ll always love The Miz no matter what. Breezango and Rusev Day are gold also. Now I’m digging deeper into the wider wrestling world and I’m all about Okada and Kenny Omega. It’s great to see Cody Rhodes looking fresh and revitalised. If your son becomes a Roman Reigns fan then you must disown him. That is all.

Edited by Ingram85

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ve stopped watching WWE the last few months but before I did it was all about AJ Styles, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Neville, Asuka, Aleister Black, Bobby Roode and Braun Strowman for me. Rollins is a class act but gone off the boil recently as has Finn Balor. Shinsuke Nakamura is finding his feet in WWE slowly and I’ll always love The Miz no matter what. Breezango and Rusev Day are gold also. Now I’m digging deeper into the wider wrestling world and I’m all about Okada and Kenny Omega. It’s great to see Cody Rhodes looking fresh and revitalised. If your son becomes a Roman Reigns fan then you must disown him. That is all.

I've never heard of most of them. I'm from The Legion Of Doom, Demolition, The Rockers, The Bushwackers, Heart foundation, Natural Disasters, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrioir, Macho Man, The Undertaker, Big Boss Man, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Million Dollar Man etc etc era. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

It's certainly true that there aren't too many characters similar to those in WWE now (presuming that's what your lad watches) compared to those from that era. I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, they're just different and more contemporary. Look at CM Punk, would not have even been signed in the 80s/90s era, but had one of the longest ever title reigns in the 2010s. A few of the wrestlers you list there I feel were/are iconic in spite of their gimmick, not because of it (I had this discussion on another forum recently, Undertaker is the best possible example of this. His gimmick was rubbish). There are a few similarities now though, Strowman is a larger than life beast of a man, Bobby Roode is GLORIOUS in a million dollar man way, the incoming War Machine are a big, beefy, powerful tag team with a weird, almost viking-esque get up.

2 hours ago, hogso said:

It's certainly true that there aren't too many characters similar to those in WWE now (presuming that's what your lad watches) compared to those from that era. I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, they're just different and more contemporary. Look at CM Punk, would not have even been signed in the 80s/90s era, but had one of the longest ever title reigns in the 2010s. A few of the wrestlers you list there I feel were/are iconic in spite of their gimmick, not because of it (I had this discussion on another forum recently, Undertaker is the best possible example of this. His gimmick was rubbish). There are a few similarities now though, Strowman is a larger than life beast of a man, Bobby Roode is GLORIOUS in a million dollar man way, the incoming War Machine are a big, beefy, powerful tag team with a weird, almost viking-esque get up.

When The Undertaker first arrived on the scene, I shit myself as a kid. He genuinely put the fear into me. Maybe it's just a generation thing, where everything was better back in our day. I think every generation has that outlook. I got a few YouTube videos up of my era for my lad, and although he liked it, he prefers the ones today. 

23 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've never heard of most of them. I'm from The Legion Of Doom, Demolition, The Rockers, The Bushwackers, Heart foundation, Natural Disasters, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrioir, Macho Man, The Undertaker, Big Boss Man, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Million Dollar Man etc etc era. 

Bleh, that era had nothing on the late 90s, although a few of those wrestlers were involved in both eras.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â