The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I would recommend having a listen to William Regal's stand-up / spoken word work. It is absolutely hilarious, covers the old World of Sport stuff / dwarves / Len Fairclough (!) amongst others.

So bloody funny.

• Like 1

GZUKvFD.gif

This reminds me of that wrestler, he came to WWE a few years back and they had him roided up, then he went missing and came back skinnier - what was his name?

Triple H?

March 26th... 13 years ago today, wrestling died. WCW's assets were officially signed over to Vince McMahon and the final edition of Monday Nitro was broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaocHIpPLPo

Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn From ECW's final show, Guilty As Charged 2001.

Wrestling has taken a massive plunge since those days.

March 26th... 13 years ago today, wrestling died. WCW's assets were officially signed over to Vince McMahon and the final edition of Monday Nitro was broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaocHIpPLPo

Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn From ECW's final show, Guilty As Charged 2001.

Wrestling has taken a massive plunge since those days.

Agreed.

Even though I thought WCW was shit. The lack of competition appears to have sent WWE down in quality.

• Like 1

There was potential for the most amazing couple of years in wrestling, but they messed it up with Invasion.  Both by rushing it and not waiting for the big stars Time Warner contracts to expire and Vince's ego in having to have WWF crushing WCW so easily.

• Like 1

WWE has some great talent at the minute.  They just need to use them right and get the storylines right.

WWE has had a lot of talent since the Attitude Era but that is the problem, they don't know what they're doing with anything.

They have done well with the Shield and the Wyatts.  Daniel Bryan has happened by accident not by design.  I think fans are desperate for a change and new faces.  If they get the storylines right with the following wrestlers then I think they can have a great product to watch:

Daniel Bryan

Bray Wyatt

Cesaro

Ziggler

CM Punk

Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins

Dean Ambrose

Luke Harper

Randy Orton

Cody Rhodes

Damien Sandow

Sheamus

That is some real talent right there.  Ambrose has to become a top heel.  None of the others can really draw heat from the crowd.  Punk and Wyatt are great but fans like them too much for being heels.

There hasn't been an actual story since Nexus though.  Wrestlers are just paired up for a few months, fight twice on PPV then get paired up with someone else.

There are some good matches but the product is shite.

Agreed,  Daniel Bryan's story has been stumbled across and is pretty much saving Mania at the moment.  Also Wyatt v Cena looks interesting too.  Mainly thanks to Wyatt's promos.  The CM Punk storyline had some great potential but they messed that up big time.  

Agreed,  Daniel Bryan's story has been stumbled across and is pretty much saving Mania at the moment.  Also Wyatt v Cena looks interesting too.  Mainly thanks to Wyatt's promos.  The CM Punk storyline had some great potential but they messed that up big time.  

Wyatt is a good example.  Paired up with Kane, paired up with Bryan, paired up with Cena.  All three 'fueds' were initiated with Bray just randomly attacking them.

I do like his character though.

Kofi Kingston match was the most confusing.  Bray Wyatt attacked Cena at Royal Rumble yet nothing was really made of it afterwards.  I remember back in the day when we would have a year long storyline like the Mega Powers splitting up.  Tbf I don't think the fans have the attention span these days to engage with a long term storyline. 

Bray Wyatt, Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose will be the big stars of the company moving forward.  Btw Triple H the other day dubbed this the 'reality era'.

Agreed, Daniel Bryan's story has been stumbled across and is pretty much saving Mania at the moment. Also Wyatt v Cena looks interesting too. Mainly thanks to Wyatt's promos. The CM Punk storyline had some great potential but they messed that up big time.

Wyatt is a good example. Paired up with Kane, paired up with Bryan, paired up with Cena. All three 'fueds' were initiated with Bray just randomly attacking them.

I do like his character though.

Didn't the Wyatt Family essentially kidnap one of the guys he was feuding with (I think it was Kane) after a match only for him just to come back the following week, with no mention of it? I find it weird that Bray apparently has a Twitter account as well! I'm glad the internet service is good in his creepy backwater cult den...

Chris Masters.

Kane is now Corporate Kane.  Worst of all the NAO came out in suits last night too.  Just plain awful.  The Shield deserve a big match and this is not it. Card at the minute is being saved by Daniel Bryan, Triple H and Bray Wyatt.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton v Batista v TBA

For a spot in the Main Event

Daniel Bryan v Triple H

Bray Wyatt v John Cena

Brock Lesnar v Undertaker

The Shield v Kane and the NAO

The Andre the Giant 30 man Battle Royal

I reckon they will add a tag team title match between the Usos, Real Americans and Rybaxel.  Possibly a divas match too.  Apart from Bryan, Triple H and Wyatt, none of the other matches have had any sort of buildup.  Even the Taker match has had a luckluster build up.  The intercontinental and US titles should be defended at Wrestlemania but looks like neither will be. 

But you just know the Taker match will be epic.

Chris Masters.

Kane is now Corporate Kane. Worst of all the NAO came out in suits last night too. Just plain awful. The Shield deserve a big match and this is not it. Card at the minute is being saved by Daniel Bryan, Triple H and Bray Wyatt.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton v Batista v TBA

For a spot in the Main Event

Daniel Bryan v Triple H

Bray Wyatt v John Cena

Brock Lesnar v Undertaker

The Shield v Kane and the NAO

The Andre the Giant 30 man Battle Royal

I reckon they will add a tag team title match between the Usos, Real Americans and Rybaxel. Possibly a divas match too. Apart from Bryan, Triple H and Wyatt, none of the other matches have had any sort of buildup. Even the Taker match has had a luckluster build up. The intercontinental and US titles should be defended at Wrestlemania but looks like neither will be.

But you just know the Taker match will be epic.

You forgot the divas match! How could you?!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â