Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

Downloading it now, think I was laughing 2/3 hours in last time and got annoyed cos my Horse died 😂

It has a weird start because, largely because of the plot, it forces you to play in an area that's actively annoying to play for about 5 or 6hrs, all whilst you're also learning the mechanics and controls etc. Once it opens up it's incredible. But it kinda does throw a brick wall at you for the opening.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It has a weird start because, largely because of the plot, it forces you to play in an area that's actively annoying to play for about 5 or 6hrs, all whilst you're also learning the mechanics and controls etc. Once it opens up it's incredible. But it kinda does throw a brick wall at you for the opening.

I'll stick with it, cheers mate.

20 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I'll stick with it, cheers mate.

Definitely do. From the time you get to the first proper camp it's incredible. One of the best open world games ever made. Don't just do the missions either. Go out and explore the scenery. Camp out, go hunting, fishing, the works. The more you explore, the more rewarding it is.

• Like 1

I went on a wander last night actually. Ended up in a random fishing village on the east of the map (you go there later on as past of the missions, but I'm having a wander this play through). Met a bunch of circus types, got into a fight with a weird giant with mommy issues, and then went swimming. Awesome 👌

Got two hours in and it crashed... Took me all the way back to the Wolf chase 😭

Still waiting for a 60fps patch for RDR2 which I imagine will arrive the same time as the one for Bloodborne (ie. Never).

• Like 1

On 22/07/2024 at 12:20, Dodgyknees said:

I played number 2 for a bit before my PS4 died. I've just bought it on Steam and hope to get more out of it.

Any tips?

yeah. clear your diary for the next couple of months. you won't want to do anything else.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Still waiting for a 60fps patch for RDR2 which I imagine will arrive the same time as the one for Bloodborne (ie. Never).

Last I heard, the patch to make RDR2 run natively at 60FPS on PS5 and Xbox Series X was cancelled after the failure of GTA: The Trilogy - Definitive Edition.

It could still happen of course, but all talk of it actually coming out stopped once Rockstar were required to divert resources to fix the GTA remasters. 

As for Bloodborne? I think Bloodborne Remake is going to be used as pre-order bait for the PS6, so we'll get our 60FPS, but we'll have to buy a £500+ console to play it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

As for Bloodborne? I think Bloodborne Remake is going to be used as pre-order bait for the PS6, so we'll get our 60FPS, but we'll have to buy a £500+ console to play it. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

On sale on steam I think I might have to finally get this, it's been one of the big misses on my list for many years 

I got it because it was on sale. I'm a few hours in, it's a beautiful game. Just got to one of the first main areas and I'm just messing around checking things out. So far well worth the £20.

• 4 weeks later...

RDR2 - Quick bump to make a bold claim that this game is quite possibly the greatest ever made. Story mode is phenomenal and always stumble upon new things each playthrough. 

Rockstar abandoning it is a disgrace.  

• Like 1

I’ve had a real hankering to re-play this recently but definitely don’t have the time.

Partly because a friend enlightened me to the fact you can sink boats by shooting holes in them which in countless hours of game time I never discovered, and now I want to try it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â