News story of the day

BOF

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

I hope you were judged a deviant as appropriate :D 

Fairly certain no one else in my (🇺🇸) mini league even knew what it meant. I certainly don’t recall anyone asking about the meaning 

Regardless, they know well of my deviancy 🤣

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

She could have single handedly stopped the crisis. People lost their jobs. People lost their homes. People lost the respect and love of friends and family.. People killed themselves. People went to jail. People died before their names were cleared.

She could have stopped it all but didn’t when she knew something was not right. She accepted a peerage. Absolutely disgusting individual. I sincerely hope she gets locked up.

The evidence shows that she was told about the technical issue in 2011, but she said that she didn't understand it. I don't know about you, but if I don't understand something I will ask. Not conspire and collude for years and years forcing people to suffer needlessly.

I can only fathom that she was protecting her bonus. Having to admit fault and make huge payouts would have eaten in to the PO's profits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Jason Beer KC has skewered her time and again though. 

image.png.23f7a738490b057ee801e899aed1c01e.png

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Genie said:

She accepted a peerage. Absolutely disgusting individual. I sincerely hope she gets locked up.

Why was she even offered a peerage?

I can't believe she so arrogant to think that performance convinced anyone shes telling the truth, if it was a working class 20 year old in court putting that performance in they would be down the stairs before their feet touched the ground,.like watching a 10 years old in the headmasters office.

These types of people (hopeless yes people with no brains or backbone) are in top jobs all over the UK and there a major reason why our country is failing. 

We're mugs, led by idiots. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Why was she even offered a peerage?

This is one of those threads that really needs pulling. Ian Hislop did a great piece on the horizon issues being common knowledge in the media and in government by 2019, when she received her peerage.

It also shows that at some point between 2015 and then that the government unofficially knew she'd lied at the 2015 enquiry.

• Like 3

There are a lot of people at the top of the Post Office that should spend rather a long time in a concrete square with no windows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There are a lot of people at the top of the Post Office that should spend rather a long time in a concrete square with no windows.

Make them wait in Post Office lines every day if you really want to punish them.

Just now, The_Rev said:

And now for something completely different: 

IMG_3131.thumb.jpeg.807bb8714b6996642b0435c591227b59.jpeg

What's wrong with that? My ex girlfriend used to shave her pussy all the time. 

• Shocked 1

Well, Vennells' true colours were on show today. An email transcript was shown which contained her reaction to a documentary on the BBC back in 2014 about the Horizon issues, and it said that she was "more bored than outraged" over it, and continued to state a victim who'd been prosecuted for stealing £36,000 "lacked passion". To avoid jail, the victim had to plead guilty to a lesser crime of false accounting. The victim nearly lost everything. The email from Paula was after she knew there were bugs in the system. The victim was also in the court today, and if I was her I would have had to be held back before I did something I wouldn't regret when the email was read out.

She also did her best to continue to not to have any memory of doing anything wrong when there was clear evidence showing what she'd done, but also many times clearly remembered what she was thinking (i.e. no evidence of) at the time some of the events occurred, and all of it was with the best of intentions.

There are plenty of news articles summarizing today's session very nicely, and clearly, she's lying. The documentation and evidence showed everyone that she wasn't the nice person she was trying to present herself as. The evidence in the inquiry shows time and again that she would do her best to shut down any investigation into the truth. That her motivation was to make money for herself and the PO no matter the damage to employees. A thing to remember is that she knew all about this for at least 6 years before accepting her CBE. Tells you a lot I think.

That's it now for the inquiry until 3rd June.

• Like 2

What are the potential repercussions for her? I mean is being a figure of fun for a few days while she squirms in the dock as bad as it’s going to get or does the inquiry have any actual teeth?  I’m sure there’s an element of catharsis for the victims here but if the people who ruined their lives all just go back to comfortable lives in big houses next month then has anything actually been achieved? 

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

What are the potential repercussions for her? I mean is being a figure of fun for a few days while she squirms in the dock as bad as it’s going to get or does the inquiry have any actual teeth?  I’m sure there’s an element of catharsis for the victims here but if the people who ruined their lives all just go back to comfortable lives in big houses next month then has anything actually been achieved? 

I don't know how likely it is, but once this inquiry has finished the post office may refer individuals to the police for investigation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I guess potentially, once the police get their go, it could potentially be something like perverting the course of justice? Or perjury? Or concealing evidence?

If she’s as pathetic as she’s acting, just the fear of it coming down the road should give her a few years of poor health.

• Like 2

If any individual did this, we would be looking at jail time. I guess she will get away with it. But what a complete and utter bullshitter she really is.

I just cannot understand why she and the post office executives would believe in the system and not the postal staff, unless it was to protect there bonuses.

It's a absolute crime!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I just cannot understand why she and the post office executives would believe in the system and not the postal staff, unless it was to protect there bonuses.

I'm not justifying it, just trying to help you understand how we got here. One of the big drivers for the Horizon system, at great expense, was that the Post Office was suspicious that many of their sub-postmasters had their hands in the till. They just couldn't prove it. So they spent a fortune on a new-fangled IT system with networked PCs, daily reports and "improved" auditing capabilities, and suddenly the numbers made it clear that there were loads of robbing bastards.

They entered the project with the goal of finding thieves, and didn't question it when they found them.

Edited by Davkaus

Â