News story of the day

BOF

I've swam with sharks countless times , bull sharks included ( they are responsible for most human attacks if I recall ) .... 99% of the time they are harmless enough

Saying that I probably wouldn't have swam where that girl did against advice

Aaaaaand you can chalk another fatal one up to the Bull shark today. At least this time it had the decency to attack someone who was already drowning.

Hmmmm, i've literally, just this morning, booked to go diving on the http://www.adrenalindive.com.au/index.php?a=yongala'>SS Yongala (Queensland), which has a couple of resident Bull Sharks. Still not sure if I'll take the missus in with me - I'm trying to discourage her at present.

Edited by Shillzz

Just remember. A normal casual happy swimming-along Bull shark always has the same testosterone levels as a charging bull elephant. Food for thought i.e. they're not really to be trusted to any great/risky degree :)

Tomato excuse for prostitute in car in Walsall

A man caught with a prostitute in his car told police she was there to show him where to buy tomatoes.

West Midlands Police said officers found the woman sitting inside Muhammad Ikhlaq's car while he withdrew £20 from a cash machine, which he said was to pay for tomatoes.

Ikhlaq, 39, of New Street, Dudley, was found guilty of soliciting and fined £400 at Walsall Magistrates' Court.

He was also ordered to pay £665 in costs on Wednesday.

Ikhlaq was spotted by officers who saw the known sex worker in his Nissan Micra car in Wednesbury Road, Walsall, on 9 May.

PC Stacey Paterson, from Walsall police, said: "I've heard some excuses before but in the 10 years that I have been a police officer I have never heard a kerb crawler covering up his crimes by claiming to be buying tomatoes.

"Our officers and the courts saw through his lies and [ikhlaq] has now been found guilty."

:crylaugh:

On that "Skint" programme that was on channel 4 not so long ago, the hooker they followed gave blowies for a tenner. So £20 would probably get you laid :)

But, she was a disease ridden, drug fuelled crack whore. So supply and demand...

• Like 1

On that "Skint" programme that was on channel 4 not so long ago, the hooker they followed gave blowies for a tenner. So £20 would probably get you laid :)

But, she was a disease ridden, drug fuelled crack whore. So supply and demand...

You can't argue with those prices though, tbf.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

The way I like them. 

Like a creme brulee, you gotta crack your way in.

• Like 1

Continuing the 'fishy' theme (yeah I know it's not a fish).

Jaws, Irish-stylee

Turns out 'Dusty the Doolin Dolphin' is a bit of an asshole and people have been urged not to swim with it.

A swimmer was injured late on Sunday night after she was attacked by a dolphin in the fourth such incident involving the same mammal in a month, reports Pat Flynn.

dolphin.jpg

Despite repeated warnings from the authorities, particularly in recent weeks, people continue to swim with the dolphin, known as 'Dusty', at Doolin in Co Clare.

In the most recent incident, a woman was charged by the bottled nose dolphin as she left the water after a swim. The dolphin is believed to have struck the woman in the kidney area with her nose knocking over and leaving her winded.

The alarm was raised at around 10pm on Sunday night and the the local unit of the Coast Guard responded to the incident while an ambulance was also requested.

The woman was treated at the scene by Coast Guard first responders while they awaited the arrival of a HSE Ambulance. The woman was taken to the Mid Western Regional Hospital in Limerick for treatment. She was left badly bruised and shocked by the incident.

The dolphin, thought to be around 14-years-old, first appeared at Doolin pier in 2011 but had been in the Fanore area of north Clare for some years before that.

The 10ft long mammal has been responsible for injuring a number of people over the past two years with several of those being hospitalised with significant injuries.

Less than a fortnight ago, a 40-year-old woman was struck in the abdomen by the dolphin while swimming near the pier.

Angry Dusty

It's now policy for the local lifeguards to fly the red danger flag any time the dolphin enters the area.

The Irish Whale and Dolphin Group (IWDG) has erected warning posters at Doolin pier since the July 19th incident.

IWDG coordinator Dr Simon Berrow said: "It is our policy to discourage people swimming with whales and dolphins in Ireland. We've drafted a poster recommending people do not swim with Dusty, but if they must, then they should respect her as a wild dolphin and not grab, lunge or chase after her. If she shows agressive behaviour or is boisterous they should leave the water."

The dolphin appears to have become territorial about the slipway and steps at Doolin. Authorities say people should only watched the dolphin from the pier and the rocks and should not enter the water.

Clare's Water Safety Development Officer Mr Liam Griffin said: "People continue to ignore repeated warnings about swimming with the dolphin in Doolin. You can never be sure how the dolphin will react. It's best to stay away from her because people have been injured in the past."

I think people will continue to take their chances just so they can swim with it, because the perception is they're friendly and generally harmless (perception is not always == reality), even though they're quite capable of killing a shark if they're of a mind to.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â