The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Dont think you can do that Totti.

CV has at last found something that would make me have a Android handset - if you can watch Sky Anywhere direct

Techradar tested iPlayer, Sky and National Geographic in their Android 2.2 flash test. They also tested loads of flash games, which I'd heard don't work properly, but was (as were they) surprised at how well the games did work. I'll find the link to the article and post it tomorrow in the Android thread.

Sorry this was off topic.

Do you have Sky Sports - Yes

Do you have an Iphone - Yes

Get Sky Sports for free on your Iphone until the end of 2010 with the Sky Mobile TV App.

does this need to be over a wi-fi?

ill be travelling to wales on saturday, so i could only watch SSN in the car.

From what I have read 1/2 hr will use 100mb so you should be fine but don't forget if you are travelling you may lose 3g signal at times especially if you are in wales 3g coverage there is pants.

Question: Can i use my 3Gs in Thailaind to browse the internet over free Wifi without any cost? If so i assume its not as simple as turning off data roaming?

Yes, its that simple.. turn off data roaming and the iPhone won't connect to the cellular network for data. When youre in wi-fi coverage it will use that to get data.

Cheers Gazton, does turning off data roaming basically ensure i dont connect to another foreign provider, ergo meaning i wont be able to receive calls and texts also? Essentially im only taking the iphone to connect to the free wifi so i can keep up to date with the footy/nfl results etc so i need to make sure i dont receive calls, texts and that using free wifi doesnt cost.

And stubbo, yes hopefully!

And me I lumped some money on it yesterday.

If you want to make absolutley sure you do not pick up any unwanted roaming charges just put the phone into airplane mode, you will still be able to access wifi for free (as long as there is no charge by the hotels). I do this everytime I go away without any problems.

Turning off data roaming will NOT stop you getting calls and texts. It just means the phone can't connect to the internet (unless via wifi)

However, I was told (by O2) that they now do it as a text from abroad counts as 4 texts from your allowance (not sure how that works with unlimited texts) so as long as you don't answer your phone and just use texts, you won't actually be charged much (if anything).

But it's definitely worth ringing your provider and asking them.

(Airplane mode will work too though!)

O2 said that about texts abroad? That might make sense as I'm on O2 and was using my phone for quite a bit of texting while in Belgium yet my bill was no more than my regular monthly charge. This may explain it.

New jailbreak is available at jailbreakme.com if anyone wants to jailbreak their iPhone. Id get in there quick before Apple shut it down

They can't, US court found that jailbreaking is legal. Apple can't do squat about it.

Shame I updated to 4.0.2 before I visited their website though. Hope they can wriggle past it!

Turning off data roaming will NOT stop you getting calls and texts. It just means the phone can't connect to the internet (unless via wifi)

However, I was told (by O2) that they now do it as a text from abroad counts as 4 texts from your allowance (not sure how that works with unlimited texts) so as long as you don't answer your phone and just use texts, you won't actually be charged much (if anything).

But it's definitely worth ringing your provider and asking them.

(Airplane mode will work too though!)

Cheers, airplaine mode it is then although i might give 02 a ring to see what they say just incase.

Yeh definitely do. Only took me a couple of minutes. It may have changed since their tariffs changed for the iphone

O2 said that about texts abroad? That might make sense as I'm on O2 and was using my phone for quite a bit of texting while in Belgium yet my bill was no more than my regular monthly charge. This may explain it.

Yup. I went to morocco in June and rang them before I went to see what I was going to be charged and that's what they told me. As I said, I now get unlimited texts (as opposed to 600 a month I was getting then) so I'm not sure how it works now. I assume they don't give you unlimited texts abroad as well!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â