The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I have massive signal problems with it - at my house, my work, my parents, in Brum. I'll get signal for an hour or so and it'll drop and not come back, can't text, can't phone, nada.

mine does that as well ... when i was at the Pompey game i kept losing signal and couldn't get score updates through ..seems Ok of late

My mum got her new iphone on Tuesday and she is now been with no signal for 2 days ..she's in Wales and putting it down to that but I think it's a wider problem with I-phones as it kept dropping out on me when I set it up for her

we are both on 3GS ..never had any issues on the plane old 3G version .. so maybe there is a flaw with the new phones ?

be interesting to hear what O2 tell you

I did read O2 were struggling with their network as so much data is being moved about ... does the signal work off a different network ?

The person behind me in the queue in the o2 shop was taking his iPhone back for the same reason. And the lady booking in to send my phone off didn't ask too many questions - which made me feel like it was a known issue.

Mine is a 3G, not 3Gs. Interesting... 8-10 working days, we shall see.

Mine has come up with lost connection this afternoon and wont come back, yet if I can put it next to my wifes (bought at the same time from same O2 shop) and hers is showing full signal.

Not a happy bunny

I have a 3G signal on my iPhone, however for some reason I'm unable to open websites. The screen starts loading, then just loads to the end and the page is blank. Has anyone else had this problem? It just started to happen this evening.....

Well I went to the o2 shop last night as my phone was back from the repair centre. Brand new phone. Again. I am now on my third iPhone.

As my phone is so important to me having moved away from my friends and family etc etc, I am ready to completely ditch the iPhone if I have problems with this new handset. It's not worth the agro, speaking to the people I love without any problems is much more important to me.

Apple you have let me down... Disappointed.

Well I went to the o2 shop last night as my phone was back from the repair centre. Brand new phone. Again. I am now on my third iPhone.

As my phone is so important to me having moved away from my friends and family etc etc, I am ready to completely ditch the iPhone if I have problems with this new handset. It's not worth the agro, speaking to the people I love without any problems is much more important to me.

Apple or O2? The world may never know.... :D

On a serious note, that is extremely unlucky on your part. I hope they sort it for you as I know how important it is to keep in touch with people, being that I have moved around a lot aswell. Let us know how it goes.

Had a 2G one, since they came out (someone gave it to me) never had a problem at all, the odd crash turn on and off fixed.

I thought Apple stuff "just worked"?

It usually does. First problem I have ever had with anything Apple. Although it may be ok in the morning.... :D

Soft reset, click and hold the button on the top

Usually sorts out any issues like that for me

Apple or O2? The world may never know.... :D

I say Apple because I had reception and signal when putting the same SIM card into an old samsung phone - so it had to be something to do with the phone. The new phone, same SIM card and magically my signal re-appears.

I used to have a windows phone and spent half the time putting new roms on. Tweaking etc and to be honest it got a bit boring. I guess there are benefits to jailbreaking but then most of the forums I visit which discuss it are full of posts saying how ca I get this back, this doesnt work now..help. How can I get this to work..................Is it really worth the hassle.

Why would anyone bother jail breaking an iphone now, you'll be able to get them on all three major networks in January which should lead to more competitive pricing as well as the obvious choice of networks, now the monopoloy has almost gone, I cant really see the point

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â