The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

It works really well on a touch screen. It is arguably the best way to play the game. I would imagine the iPad version is brilliant due to its larger screen size.

• 2 weeks later...

The last few of days my iphone 4 is losing it's battery life quick style, charged it up this morning 100% full, 5 hours later only 10% left, only made a couple of quick calls on it, the same happened yesterday and day before.

The phone is about 9/10 months old, is this normal?

iTunes Match got released to the UK today. Anybody used it yet?
I have. It took absolutely ages to scan through the music, match it, and upload the ones it didn't recognise (about 1000 songs), but once it had done that it works brilliantly.

I'll just use it for a year I think - I did it really to save re-ripping loads of CDs that I ripped ages ago at low bit rate - it's less tedious to up the bit rate via match, though it would be easier with an applescript, I guess.

iTunes Match got released to the UK today. Anybody used it yet?
I have. It took absolutely ages to scan through the music, match it, and upload the ones it didn't recognise (about 1000 songs), but once it had done that it works brilliantly.

I'll just use it for a year I think - I did it really to save re-ripping loads of CDs that I ripped ages ago at low bit rate - it's less tedious to up the bit rate via match, though it would be easier with an applescript, I guess.

Does it work with Audiobooks (or files classified as Audiobooks), Blandy?

Dem, basically iTunes match scans your iTunes library for songs that you currently have on your hard drive. It then looks in the iTunes catalogue for those songs and "allocates" them to you in the cloud, at the higher Apple standard bitrate.

The amazing thing about it is that it also scans in the dodgy pirated MP3's that you've downloaded via illegal means, and then lets you "own" them legally.

To me, it's the record labels final acceptance that they are never going to fully stop illegal music downloads. By using iTunes match, iTunes will pay the labels a royalty for songs that it stores in the cloud. By a very roundabout way, the labels are getting some cash for that Eminem CD you downloaded via a Torrent site back in 2009.

• 3 weeks later...
Dem, basically iTunes match scans your iTunes library for songs that you currently have on your hard drive. It then looks in the iTunes catalogue for those songs and "allocates" them to you in the cloud, at the higher Apple standard bitrate.

The amazing thing about it is that it also scans in the dodgy pirated MP3's that you've downloaded via illegal means, and then lets you "own" them legally.

To me, it's the record labels final acceptance that they are never going to fully stop illegal music downloads. By using iTunes match, iTunes will pay the labels a royalty for songs that it stores in the cloud. By a very roundabout way, the labels are getting some cash for that Eminem CD you downloaded via a Torrent site back in 2009.

wow thanks for that might be worth looking into

i dont use utorrents i convert youtibe videos to mp3

It also encodes at 256kbps, so all my old stuff I imported from CD ages ago at 128 kbps, when that was the only setting, I have been updating to 256, without having to put all the CDs back in and do it all over again. Ace!

• 2 months later...
When I browse VT now the orange and blue topic things blink, they never used to?

Edit, browse on my iPhone. It is relevant to the thread lol.

They've always blinked for me.. Have you recently signed into VT for the first time on your iPhone?

Anyone got an idiots guide for me? Got the Iphone 4s on a contract today and am useless on phones.

What are the best apps?

Ill second this, 4s arriving next week and a beginners guide would be good, best apps, what you should do first etc......

Would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Games: Angry Birds, DrawRace, LaDiDa, Draw Something, Broken Sword 1+2, Final Fantasy 3, Game Developer Story,

Other Apps: Met Office, Flashlight, Mobile Mouse,

Photography/Film: Incredibooth, Iswap Faces, IMovie, PhotoShop Express, Instagram,

Social: Twitbird Pro, Scan,

Will add to this later..

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â