The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Battery life on 3G with moderate use lasts about a day and with heavy use about 16 hours.

What is the picture quality like?

Picture quality is very good. I'm not sure that there is much difference between the two though to be honest. Apparently the main difference between 3G and 3Gs is the speed of the processor, a longer battery life and a slightly improved camera on the 3Gs. Plus video recording, although I'm not sure if the 3G had that. Other than that I'm not sure if the 3Gs is that much of an improvement. However, if it is a free upgrade or if you only have to pay a little fee, then I'd probably upgrade.

I don't have to pay anything so I think its worth it, 3G doesn't have video recording unless you jailbreak so thats a bonus as well as the fact I would be doubling memory too.

Ping Lite is a good free app, you can message other iphone users and it has push notification. (Drains battery though of course) - I reduced my tariff and went over on text messages, so it will be good to save a few messages with friends who also have the app.

I've got ping.. useful stuff.

I don't have to pay anything so I think its worth it, 3G doesn't have video recording unless you jailbreak so thats a bonus as well as the fact I would be doubling memory too.

I put mine up against a 3gs, my mates, his opens apps way quicker because of that new processor.

I put mine up against a 3gs, my mates, his opens apps way quicker because of that new processor.

Been using it for a few days now and its definately quicker. More space for my music now too which is great.

Can anybody recommend any apps? I like ones such as Monkey Kick, Bejeweled, ArcadeBowl...

Or just something new!?

Just downloaded two apps for the camera. The 'Photoshop' one and the 'Camera Plus' one. I'll be back later to give my thoughts on them. Actually, I'll test them out at VP tomorrow to give them a real challenge. :D

nope in fact I think I had the opposite Brigga

PS we should meet for a drink sometime being as you only live down the road ;-)

Bah, it's still happening to me....

Sounds good about the drink too, although it may need to be in the New Year now as things are a bit hectic. I'll let you know though if I can make it sooner. :D

From the villa section, in case it's iphone specific:

Anyone else struggle to get data at a villa match? (ie latest scores) My signal is fine, can text and call, but can't use the internet until I'm about a mile away from the ground. Is this because Villa Park is in some sort of vortex? Or so many are using the same cell towers?

Right... I'm clearly missing a trick. Help!

I installed windows 7. Previously my iPhone was backed up regularly on itunes in vista and before that xp, I backed up the files between those system updates and got it all going fine in the last OS.

I've got itunes installed again. Backed up the phone but deselected the syncing options so that it didn't clear my iPhone.

What I need to do is sync the iphone to the itunes so the iphone remains exactly as it currently is, playlists and music I want on it, as opposed to everything in itunes. Of course as itunes currently stands, it has the music in the library but it doesn't have the playlists and it doesn't have the music selected either.

Make sense? Basically I want itunes and my iphone to be and to work as it did prior to my fresh install.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â