The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

It’s quite bizarre switching between the feeds TNT had it for Beterbiev sky had it for Bivol

The judges obviously like the front foot approach and the work at the end of most rounds catching the eye

I will watch this again, but it could’ve gone either way in my opinion could’ve been a draw. By far not the most outrageous decision ever given they gave it to the guy on the front foot as often they do whether it be right or wrong.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

You may just have that right. Bivol was clearly the better boxer with the better shots.

100%. If Berterbiev wasn't Muslim he wouldn't have got the decision imo. It was without doubt a close fight but Bivol was always ahead imo. 115-113 & 116-112 were bullshit scores

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I will watch this again, but it could’ve gone either way in my opinion could’ve been a draw. By far not the most outrageous decision ever given they gave it to the guy on the front foot as often they do whether it be right or wrong.

I just felt Bivol was slightly more educated in his work. It was crisp and accurate, where AB was more rushed and hopeful. Great fight tbf, I just thought the wrong hand was raised.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I just felt Bivol was slightly more educated in his work. It was crisp and accurate, where AB was more rushed and hopeful. Great fight tbf, I just thought the wrong hand was raised.

There are arguments for both sides, if you have a look at the punch statistics, the right results was called. Incredibly tight But not a disgrace as we’ve seen before

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

100%. If Berterbiev wasn't Muslim he wouldn't have got the decision imo. It was without doubt a close fight but Bivol was always ahead imo. 115-113 & 116-112 were bullshit scores

Unfortunately I think your right with the religion. That Turki geezer calls the shots. They couldn't have the Muslim lose in such a massive Muslim country. 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

There are arguments for both sides, if you have a look at the punch statistics, the right results was called. Incredibly tight But not a disgrace as we’ve seen before

No way did AB land the better shots, he threw more, but I guarantee most will think Bivol won that.

Edited by sheepyvillian

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â