The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Connor Benn confronting Eubank Jr, with his silly hair - style. He comes across as such a spoilt, spiteful prat, still full of roid rage. Tbf, as aggressive as he tried to be, Eubank handled in it his usual calm, confident way.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

I think Eubank Jr is a prized b*llend, but Benn takes that to a whole new level.

Arrogant, PED taking word removed who throughout his boxing career has dragged up retired fighters from the weight below.

Odius w*nker.

If they do fight, I hope Eubank Jr beats the living sh*t out of him.

• Like 3

Just to add onto that point about Eubank Jr and Benn.

Eubank J is an arrogant w*nker, who isn't particularly good, but at least he has in part done the 'journey' the correct way. Fought and lost for the British, Commonwealth and European, before winning a British title fight and then went onto lose a world title fight. I'll criticise a lot of his opponent choices as they have been dreadful, as they are this weekend, but he has fought some really good fighters along the way.

Even Hatton's lad, who isn't very good, fought for an area title last time out. He lost, but it's better than beating some Hungarian bin man who got a week's notice.

But Benn has never fought for a belt of any kind. Not even an area title. And before he started all of a sudden knocking people out, he was getting put on his arse by a French journeyman at York Hall in a 6 rounder in which he was disgracefully given the decision.

5 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Eubank J is an arrogant w*nker, who isn't particularly good, but at least he has in part done the 'journey' the correct way. Fought and lost for the British, Commonwealth and European, before winning a British title fight and then went onto lose a world title fight. I'll criticise a lot of his opponent choices as they have been dreadful, as they are this weekend, but he has fought some really good fighters along the way.

Even Hatton's lad, who isn't very good, fought for an area title last time out. He lost, but it's better than beating some Hungarian bin man who got a week's notice.

But Benn has never fought for a belt of any kind. Not even an area title. And before he started all of a sudden knocking people out, he was getting put on his arse by a French journeyman at York Hall in a 6 rounder in which he was disgracefully given the decision.

He's just really unlikable, without, evidently, any redeeming qualities. I didn't much like his father either, as good as he was.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Both of these apples have certainly not fallen far from the respective trees 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Both of these apples have certainly not fallen far from the respective trees 

I'll take Eubank Jr's company every day of the week thank - you! Benn struggling embarrassingly to make himself relevant..

20 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Eubank J is an arrogant w*nker, who isn't particularly good.

And it's a shame really, because he should be very good - he's got really fast hands, quick feet, great stamina, a good chin and enough heart to keep him in fights - his insistence on trying to be his own man and never learning the fundamentals or the ability to box in an orthodox way has cost him what could have been a much more impressive career.

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And it's a shame really, because he should be very good - he's got really fast hands, quick feet, great stamina, a good chin and enough heart to keep him in fights - his insistence on trying to be his own man and never learning the fundamentals or the ability to box in an orthodox way has cost him what could have been a much more impressive career.

I've always had a soft - spot for the lad. I agree, not as good as the Old Man, but that's a pretty high - bar tbf. I'll say this about him, he always speaks with calm and decency and that's never a bad thing.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Eubank just does it for the money. He ain't interested in belts, probably knows he sint good enough.

Let's be honest, if there's a sport that deserves to pay well, it's.boxing. I wouldn't begrudge the kid a penny. His PPV figures speak volumes about his popularity, regardless of one some may think of his talent. He certainly knew how to sell a fight.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm guessing that if Eubank Jr - Benn goes ahead in the near future the Eubank camp will have a bit more leverage in negotiations and we won't see Eubank at that ridiculously low weight he'd gotten himself to for the last one.

I wouldn't give Benn the opportunity, as much as I would like to see him put on his arris. He's a cheating little Jekyll who has no place in the sport. I'm sick of drug cheats, in all sports, avoiding proper punishment!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Never seen that happen before. Looked a bit dirty from Cameron! 

Whittiker looked to be labouring a bit. 

Weird making that a draw. I'd say Whittiker just had it if they are judging it on 6 rounds.

Thinking about it, probably fair though. They'll have the rematch no doubt.

Edited by foreveryoung

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â