The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

1 minute ago, Avfc96 said:

I'll give him credit for the win tonight, but there's no way he's developed a strong chin and elite stamina given under 2 years ago he was being dropped at will by Lerena, a career cruiserweight, who was fringe world level at best.

Got a massive punch hasn't he. Some say he should have won the Usyk fight, with that right hand to the kidneys.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Got a massive punch hasn't he. Some say he should have won the Usyk fight, with that right hand to the kidneys.

That Usyk shot was a low blow, no doubt about it.

He's always had a huge punch, but it's the ridiculous improvement in chin and stamina which really makes me doubt a few things.

1 minute ago, Avfc96 said:

He's always had a huge punch, but it's the ridiculous improvement in chin and stamina which really makes me doubt a few things.

It was only 5 rounds, not so much stamina needed

That was sad to watch for me.

AJ never looked there from the get go, looked sloppy all round, against a kid who can really bang.

Dubois is the real deal though.

Never seen AJ destroyed like that, saddest part was watching him trying to get up with everything he had.

Probably time for him to hang it up now, it gets no better from here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

The rumoured trips to Brazil you mean?

Crazy how the promoters basically fked up the biggest fights at HW over the last few years, firstly with the AJ, Wilder saga and then AJ, Fury saga. Both fights not worth a carrot now. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Crazy how the promoters basically fked up the biggest fights at HW over the last few years, firstly with the AJ, Wilder saga and then AJ, Fury saga. Both fights not worth a carrot now. 

When Fury gets beat again by Usyk, they'll do a one off fight between Joshua and Fury. It will still sell relatively well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

AJ has never had a chin and wilder can’t box, keeping them away from each other kept the cash cow going for each of them.

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

It's what's killed boxing a bit for me personally, they dodge the biggest fights while constantly talking them up

Just now, Avfc96 said:

When Fury gets beat again by Usyk, they'll do a one off fight between Joshua and Fury. It will still sell relatively well.

It'll sell like hot cakes but it'll be like Mayweather Vs Manny where neither of them are in their prime and the shine has long gone from the fight

UFC seems to get it right, boxers don't 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicho said:

AJ has never had a chin and wilder can’t box, keeping them away from each other kept the cash cow going for each of them.

True to a point. However, the Fury fight should have been made a couple of years ago. That's done now. 

• Like 1

First round did AJ. He was fighting on pure dogged determination after that. Did well to last as long as he did.

4 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

It won't carry the same weight though unfortunately. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â