The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just having a chuckle at Berlanga's comments about Canelo, "Cause I already know he's thinking like with a smirk, it's more like he's overlooking me, that he think I'm a cake, you feel me? He think like I'm a small platter, that's easy work."

Spoken like a real Puerta Rican, New Yorker. I would laugh my bollocks off if he pulled it off on Mexican independence day.

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just having a chuckle at Berlanga's comments about Canelo, "Cause I already know he's thinking like with a smirk, it's more like he's overlooking me, that he think I'm a cake, you feel me? He think like I'm a small platter, that's easy work."

Spoken like a real Puerta Rican, New Yorker. I would laugh my bollocks off if he pulled it off on Mexican independence day.

It would be hilarious, but's lets be honest it's not going to happen.

Canelo to win by KO/TKO within 6 rounds.

• Sad 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Yep!! Sunny it is. It's personal too. Yafai would give any flyweight trouble. However, it's wether he can catch up to Edwards because you know Edwards will take the first seven rounds. Very intriguing fight and on the "Manor" too.

If Sunny does what he's best at, he wins an 8-4 or 9-3 type of decision.

But if he does what he did against Bam and gets dragged into a bit of a back and forth scrap, I could see Yafai winning.

Great fight and hopefully a good undercard as well.

32 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

If Sunny does what he's best at, he wins an 8-4 or 9-3 type of decision.

But if he does what he did against Bam and gets dragged into a bit of a back and forth scrap, I could see Yafai winning.

Great fight and hopefully a good undercard as well.

Kind of in agreement with that. Yafai reminds me of a small Aaron Pryor, like a rash with that non - stop windmill attack. I'll say this, it's no gimme for Sunny, more 60/40 in his favour. 

• Like 1

Don't generally watch these, as always think they are a little set up. The ending, is great, I do Love it when you see the serious side of a boxer out of the ring. I really don't think AJ was pretending. Dubois acting like the school kid in the play ground who gets mullered for his cheek. 😆

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Kind of in agreement with that. Yafai reminds me of a small Aaron Pryor, like a rash with that non - stop windmill attack. I'll say this, it's no gimme for Sunny, more 60/40 in his favour. 

Nose as well I think 🤔 

46 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Nose as well I think 🤔 

Of course, Small Heath born and bred. His trainer Max is a friend of mine, they're noses too the McCrackens, but it's only Spencer whose a die - hard. I was genuinely happy to see Max find his calling, prior to that, he was partial to a play - up at the weekend and I don't just mean a tot.

No decent person should begrudge anyone their happiness. 

Just seen some of the highlights of the Canelo vs Berlanga fight from this morning. 

Canelo clearly levels above and won convincingly. But fair play to Berlanga, never gave up and continued to try and trade with him. 

When Canelo retires and the titles scatter, he *may* have a chance of winning a world title depending on who he's matched with.

21 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Just seen some of the highlights of the Canelo vs Berlanga fight from this morning. 

Canelo clearly levels above and won convincingly. But fair play to Berlanga, never gave up and continued to try and trade with him. 

When Canelo retires and the titles scatter, he *may* have a chance of winning a world title depending on who he's matched with.

Puerto Ricans, some tough hombres. You can't not move against Canelo, unless, that is, your name is Triple G.

Mayweather put down the blueprint years ago. Still can't believe, to this day, that one of the judges scored it to Ginger Bollocks. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Puerto Ricans, some tough hombres. You can't not move against Canelo, unless, that is, your name is Triple G.

Mayweather put down the blueprint years ago. Still can't believe, to this day, that one of the judges scored it to Ginger Bollocks. 

Ginger Bollocks will nearly always get a dodgy scorecard in his favour. 

Surprised one of the judges in the Bivol fight didn't score it in his favour despite Bivol beating him convincingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

Ginger Bollocks will nearly always get a dodgy scorecard in his favour. 

Surprised one of the judges in the Bivol fight didn't score it in his favour despite Bivol beating him convincingly.

118-110

I’m not saying another word

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't mind Canelo, used to like watching him, looked unbeatable at times. But then got taught a lesson from Bivol. Not sure if Canelo was off that night, or Bivol is just too far above him.

Too big and too good

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â