The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Most definitely, he got sent down again a few years back when a minibus of him and a few others you would know attacked a Cardiff main boozer  at 7:30 pm after a game down there. Spent a very interesting evening in his company well into blue nose territory for Gary Reid’s  35th birthday.(if you recall, he was the fella with the false ear) another Holte Enders in the sky

Just Google it it makes interesting reading

Glad to hear he's still with us. I watched that debacle with the Cardiff fans on YouTube. I'm trying to think of the other Gary who fell to his death. Another good lad. I remember Andrew Cadby and Jimmy with the big conker. Also, the mixed race kid from Pype Hayes and Eddie Norton who I think may have passed himself. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Glad to hear he's still with us. I watched that debacle with the Cardiff fans on YouTube. I'm trying to think of the other Gary who fell to his death. Another good lad. I remember Andrew Cadby and Jimmy with the big conker. Also, the mixed race kid from Pype Hayes and Eddie Norton who I think may have passed himself. 

Gary Little mate, fell off scaffolding. Looked like a big bruising farmers lad cracking fella in all fairness knocked around with him for a bit with Joey the bat and Dave Rivenhall before games back in the day.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Gary Little mate, fell off scaffolding. Looked like a big bruising farmers lad cracking fella in all fairness knocked around with him for a bit with Joey the bat and Dave Rivenhall before games back in the day.

That's it. Newtown lad. I do miss all that camaraderie from back in the day. Meeting up in the Windsor when we were at home. Had it off, big time, with the Cockney Reds in there. Black Sam was their main man. Tbf, they were a decent firm. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's it. Newtown lad. I do miss all that camaraderie from back in the day. Meeting up in the Windsor when we were at home. Had it off, big time, with the Cockney Reds in there. Black Sam was their main man. Tbf, they were a decent firm. 

A former good mate of mine was a Brummie Red who was just beat prostrate cancer was there that day and has a few tales to tell fell out with him for quite awhile because he and another bloke I know started knocking around with cuddles and the blues lot in the crown and pointed me out on new street one evening as a person of interest. Never really forgiven him for that. No need and it was well on top.

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A former good mate of mine was a Brummie Red who was just beat prostrate cancer was there that day and has a few tales to tell fell out with him for quite awhile because he and another bloke I know started knocking around with cuddles and the blues lot in the crown and pointed me out on new street one evening as a person of interest. Never really forgiven him for that. No need and it was well on top.

Remember them, the Brummie Reds. This generation will be full of Brummie Blues, representing the other side of that shit - hole City. Carabo Cup draw time. Let's see who we get. We'll gossip again. Be lucky!

Mark.

• Like 1

Good fight for Chev Clarke. Had his opponent hurt in round 8 and then his opponent came back in round 9 and hurt him. 

Isaac Chamberlain next for him is a very good fight.

Probably my favourite non-UK fighter. All action and punches really **** hard.

Mandatory for Cacace after he stops Warrington. He will stop Cacace.

Edited by Avfc96

Liam Smith intent of beating Kelly, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. Smith said, "Me last two fights, I've topped two pay per views, sold out arenas." Let's have it right, Liam, if you hadn't have been fighting Eubank Jr, you wouldn't have been pay per view. 

Just reading Abel Sanchez 's view on Stevenson v Gervonta. He reckons Gervonta has that "Duran rage" that he doesn't see in many fighters today. It's a good point, and I do hold Gervonta, as a boxer, in high esteem. Him and Shakur would be the proverbial 50/50 fight, as good as SS is, especially from a purist pov, he just doesn't appeal to the PPV customer. I really find it difficult to pick a winner out the two, SS is so difficult to hit, but, GD has some real self - determination which has been a big factor in a lot of the close fights he's contested.

Let's hope it gets made, that's the most important thing, otherwise, it will be nothing more than conjecture. 

On 02/09/2024 at 12:09, sheepyvillian said:

Foregone conclusion! As David Brent once said. 

Doheny did okay for a journeyman. Inoue is a different level even fighting someone bigger than him.

Kovalev saying a prime Canelo beats a prime Andre Ward. I'm not so sure, Ward was one awkward boxer, who was a genius on the inside. Never one to get the crowd on it's feet, but he certainly knew how to win, hence, the unbeaten record. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Kovalev saying a prime Canelo beats a prime Andre Ward. I'm not so sure, Ward was one awkward boxer, who was a genius on the inside. Never one to get the crowd on it's feet, but he certainly knew how to win, hence, the unbeaten record. 

Prime Ward beats Prime Canelo for me, much like Bivol did.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Prime Ward beats Prime Canelo for me, much like Bivol did.

Froch alluded to how good he was saying that he was “slippery”and he felt there was no point having a rematch because he couldn’t basically get near him 

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Froch alluded to how good he was saying that he was “slippery”and he felt there was no point having a rematch because he couldn’t basically get near him 

Kind of on the lines of, "He's terrible, but in a really frustratingly, clever way."

It was difficult to see, with the eye, just how ring savvy Ward was.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He certainly bit off more than he could chew against Bivol. That was a virtual mismatch imo.

It made me smile. I know that much.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â