The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

His trainers are the ones who should be advising him. Then again, boxer's are notoriously hard of hearing. 

For sure. This reeks of brook with golovkin scenario 

Needs to be sensible.

Would have loved to have seen prime mayweather vs prime crawford

It's such a shame that the man who is probably the pound-for-pound best boxer on the planet can fight on a decent card and there's next to no coverage in mainstream media or sporting media - I missed that this was happening last night and wouldn't know it had if it wasn't being talked about here. Boxing has taken the money from PPV and sacrificed so much in terms of wider attention and viewership - PPV has killed the sport in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's such a shame that the man who is probably the pound-for-pound best boxer on the planet can fight on a decent card and there's next to no coverage in mainstream media or sporting media - I missed that this was happening last night and wouldn't know it had if it wasn't being talked about here. Boxing has taken the money from PPV and sacrificed so much in terms of wider attention and viewership - PPV has killed the sport in a lot of ways.

I've always got the argument for the 'mega' fights to be PPV.

But when the Saudi's are essentially funding all of the major shows this year by and large, you would have thought the broadcasters would try and expand their reach and at least have a few of them on non-PPV and open the sport up to a new audience. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For sure. This reeks of brook with golovkin scenario 

Needs to be sensible.

Would have loved to have seen prime mayweather vs prime crawford

Tbf, I think Crawford is levels above Kell Brook. However, it's a valid point.

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have to admit it was poorly advertised i only knew about the fight as some advertising from crawford on wwe tv

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 09:45, Follyfoot said:

You’ll get a good price on Bakoke winning by knockout

Just watched it. Without taking away the performance by Bakoke, I do wonder if maybe Anderson underestimated him a little. Anderson looked gassed by the later rounds. Maybe, just another American hype job.

On 03/08/2024 at 09:45, Follyfoot said:

You’ll get a good price on Bakoke winning by knockout

I stuck £30 on a Bakole KO/TKO. Will more than pay for a few pints down the pub later on 😀

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

So you didn't go with the group rounds. That would have been some windfall. Still, not bad at that price.

Always thought Bakole would get to him, hence staying safe and not going with group rounds.

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Always thought Bakole would get to him, hence staying safe and not going with group rounds.

But it's that mindset that always makes go with 10 to 12. Didn't work out with Chelli/Simpson though. 

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Ortiz v Bohachuk fight was a classic. Don't know how it went all the way. Brutal fight!

Saw the scorecards when I woke up so I decided to watch it back this afternoon. Great fight.

• Like 1

Listening to Talk Sport and Simon Jordon is really hating on AJ for some reason. He was trying his best to make a case for Dubois in their upcoming fight. Fwiw, I think AJ will come through, after an early scare. I still think Dubois is the modern day Bruno, only not as good as he was.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Listening to Talk Sport and Simon Jordon is really hating on AJ for some reason. He was trying his best to make a case for Dubois in their upcoming fight. Fwiw, I think AJ will come through, after an early scare. I still think Dubois is the modern day Bruno, only not as good as he was.

If Big Frank had a better engine who would have been very difficult to beat 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â