The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

I personally never want to see Garcia in a boxing ring again, for many different reasons. 

However I can see them trying to engineer that fight, but with the Saudi's paying up for the big fights, unless it's Crawford vs Boots the next biggest fight in the 47/54 divisions is Boots/Ortiz and I can see the Saudi's paying for it.

Let’s hope so

going to make a bowl of kedgeree and watch the Boots fight to kick the day off

Edited by Follyfoot

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Let’s hope so

Think the Saudi's will put enough money on the table to make it happen. As boxing fans we get a great fight, Saudi's get another sport washing event and Oscar can continue to support Columbia's balance of payment deficit. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Think the Saudi's will put enough money on the table to make it happen. As boxing fans we get a great fight, Saudi's get another sport washing event and Oscar can continue to support Columbia's balance of payment deficit. 

Assuming we can get the politics sorted, who do you fancy ?

one thing for sure I don’t think it goes the distance 

Probably Ortiz, maybe, one of those although I may review my decision in an hour or so

Edited by Follyfoot

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Assuming we can get the politics sorted, who do you fancy ?

one thing for sure I don’t think it goes the distance 

Probably Ortiz, maybe, one of those although I may review my decision in an hour or so

I would favour Boots, probably 55-45, maybe 60-40.

Ortiz has been at 154 for his last couple of fights, but before that he had to pull out of a few fights at 147 due to medical reasons and not being able to make weight. His couple of fights at 154 haven't been anywhere near championship standard and I wonder whether that will impact him if he were to go in with a legit contender and world champion.

The size of Boots Ennis to his opponent. Honestly, these weight bullies will be the ruin of boxing.

They should never have changed the weigh - in time. It was much safer for all when it was the same day as the fight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Let’s hope so

going to make a bowl of kedgeree and watch the Boots fight to kick the day off

"Kedgeree," last time I had that I was in Blunderstone, all the way down by Yarmouth. That was some trip in a "Sweatbox".

Edited by sheepyvillian

Just got back from a really good night of boxing from Resorts World. English, British and Commonwealth title fights and an interim world title fight. Would have been even better if a few of the other fights scheduled hadn't fallen through. 

That's what fight nights should be, not prospect after prospect fighting bin men.

• Like 1

My lad insisted we get up early and watch the Jake Paul fight, proper 2/10 for quality.

Mike Perry (stand in for Tyson) was useless. A bare knuckle fighter by trade apparently. From the first second of the first round hand he had absolutely no defence. Arms by his side. Legs straight. Walked onto punch after punch. Was knocked down in the first, second and 5th rounds.

Jake Paul clearly is crap and has a knack of finding people worse to fight him.

Now back to bed.

10 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I don't understand why Jake Paul doesn't follow his brother into WWE. He's essentially doing the same thing

Or take razor Ramones place in Trump’s New World order

The Saudi's have announced 'partnerships' with Top Rank and Golden Boy. Queensberry, Top Rank, Golden Boy and Matchroom all now have partnerships with them. One step closer to a 'global fight league'.

Eubank Jr has priced himself out of a fight with Canelo. What an absolute joke and charlatan Eubank Jr is, but everyone has known that for a long long time.

4 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Eubank Jr has priced himself out of a fight with Canelo. What an absolute joke and charlatan Eubank Jr is, but everyone has known that for a long long time.

At some point Eubank Jr just stopped being a fighter, he's now someone who enjoys the trapping of boxing but doesn't actually box. A shame really, he's naturally incredibly gifted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

At some point Eubank Jr just stopped being a fighter, he's now someone who enjoys the trapping of boxing but doesn't actually box. A shame really, he's naturally incredibly gifted.

It was always going to be difficult being the son of such a great, British fighter. He's a nice kid, who has provided some entertainment, but it seems the hunger is no longer there. You can't knock his business acumen, he's set for life. His pay per view figures, in this Country, were always impressive. 

It's a shame how the relationship between Chris and Snr has deteriorated, and then you factor in the loss of the younger brother. Those things are difficult for any individual but even more so for one living in the limelight. 

I've always had a soft spot for Jnr. I'll take him over Billy Joe Saunders every day of the week. 

• Like 1

Joe 'Juggernaut' Joyce v  Derek 'War' Chisora

At least it is not PPV is the only positive thing I have to say about this 

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Joe 'Juggernaut' Joyce v  Derek 'War' Chisora

At least it is not PPV is the only positive thing I have to say about this 

The fact that someone who has a record of 34-13 let alone his recent record in his last eight fights of 2-6 is fighting let alone headlining a card is utterly disgraceful, especially for a heavyweight.

Chisora was done 8 years ago, when he lost to Pulev which meant his record was 25-6.

But Hearn and Warren will keep wheeling him out as he acts like a prat during press conferences.

Can almost guarantee he's suffering from a severe medical condition by the time he's 45.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â