The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Garcia's been banned for a year, had a million of his purse taken away and fined 10k (which is the maximum the commission could fine him).

Should have been banned for much much longer.

You gotta love him “retiring” just before his suspension was announced 🤡

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

You gotta love him “retiring” just before his suspension was announced 🤡

Never want to see Garcia in a boxing ring again to be honest. Firstly, he's a drug cheat and secondly he's got major mental health issues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Never want to see Garcia in a boxing ring again to be honest. Firstly, he's a drug cheat and secondly he's got major mental health issues. 

Agree 

Decent night of boxing at Resorts World tonight, mate had a spare so I'm going.

Denny vs Cash should be a good fight, but Crocker vs Walker has the potential to be very good.

Edited by Avfc96
  • Like 1

Catterall vs Prograis got announced last night.

Probably the best fight that could be announced considering all of the belts are tied up at the moment, with mandatories or already announced fights. 

Hopefully Catterall gets a more than deserved title fight by the end of the year.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joshua is a really weird man - there's nothing genuine to him, like his whole personality is a creation that's somehow gotten away from him, I don't think he has any idea who he really is.

He really is. Hows he being disrespectful? God he is so sensitive 

I hope dubois beats him. Ive completely gone off AJ. Just seems a utter clown.  Ive met him once seemed nice enough in person but veey erratic 

Edited by Demitri_C

It's a total joke the IBF removed their belt from Usyk. That is one of the reasons why boxing gets a bad rep with all of the belts diluting the meaning of champion purely to line their own pockets.

No doubt Joshua will one day fight Fury when both are past it and nobody will really care.

I think Dubois is a more manufactured fighter than AJ.  It's only an interesting fight in the sense that they both can bang and the needle between the two seems to be a genuine expression of something from the past. 

If I was going to have a flutter, AJ between 4 and 6.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joshua is a really weird man - there's nothing genuine to him, like his whole personality is a creation that's somehow gotten away from him, I don't think he has any idea who he really is.

He's a bodybuilder pretending to be a boxer.

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's a total joke the IBF removed their belt from Usyk. That is one of the reasons why boxing gets a bad rep with all of the belts diluting the meaning of champion purely to line their own pockets.

The alphabet soup of belts are totally meaningless. Being a "world champion" in boxing is also meaningless. The independent rankings for each weight division (ring magazine for example) are what matters. Are you the best in your weight division, yes or no? Who cares what crappy belt you have.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Big Frank 2

I would put Dubois as the modern day Bruno. You also have his, "I could have been a contender", Dad. Who, just like Frank's wife, has that annoying  domineering  presence around his Sons career, not to mention, Big Frank was his hero. It's crazy when you think of all the father and son relationships that have come to ruin because of the boxing business. 

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

No doubt Joshua will one day fight Fury when both are past it and nobody will really care.

I get why people think it's a joke, but the IBF are by some distance the most reputable alphabet belt. They actually enforce mandatories and will strip boxers if they don't fulfil their mandatory obligations.

But the only one anyone should really care about is the Ring Magazine belt.

Â