The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think Fury has lost the plot again. Posted on his social media a video calling Uysk a gap teethed, cock eyed word removed, who has bottle the fight, real classy. What I heard was Uysk finally agreed to 70/30 with a million going to Ukrainian war fund which was agreed even though it was a bit tight. Then fury wanted a rematch payment of 80/20 which Uysk would not agree to, an fair play. Fury who don't do it for the money is taking the piss. 

I tell you what is really happening. Fury don't want the fight at Wembley, he want the big bucks in the middle east, so will wait till that opportunity to arise. It's destroyed football, an is now destroying boxing, all the big players will only wanna fight in the middle east cause they offer insane amounts of money,

I don’t think he wants to fight Usyk so is using the money as an excuse to get out of it.

Maybe he is shitting his pants cos Usyk took the 70/30 split. The demands for a rematch if he loses the first are stupid. Why would he be so bothered if he backs himself? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Plant v Benavidas tomorrow morning 

Been looking forward to this for some time

5-1 on Plant by decision looks tempting 

good matchup

Hard one to pick. I think if it goes the distance, then I favour Plant. Otherwise, an early stoppage by the Mexican beast 

Haven't watched a fight in a long time so have stayed up for the Okolie headliner.

I lasted 4 rounds and have gone to bed. Dull, powderpuff jabs with no urgency of desire from either boxer.

Utterly boring encounter

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hard one to pick. I think if it goes the distance, then I favour Plant. Otherwise, an early stoppage by the Mexican beast 

Really enjoyed this. Hats off to plant. Took a load of punishmen,  a lot would’ve quit

I can see Benavidas giving ginger bollocks a load of problems 🤞🤞

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Really enjoyed this. Hats off to plant. Took a load of punishmen,  a lot would’ve quit

I can see Benavidas giving ginger bollocks a load of problems 🤞🤞

I don't see GB taking that fight. That crap about not wanting to fight fellow Mexicans, how convenient. Barrera v Morrales, two Mexicans whose first fight was arguably one of the greatest ever. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

At least at the lower weights there seem to be some big fights getting made - I'm looking forward to Davis-Garcia and I think the recently announced Haney-Lomachenko fight will also be a really interesting watch.

I'd like Tank to beat Garcia and I think he will.

I'd like Lomachenko to beat Haney, but I don't think he will.

Can't help thinking in this AJ, Franklin fight the weekend, the Franklin team have been paid to take the loss, still be the biggest payday Franklin has ever taken

There's no doubt this goes on in the sport, an if AJ lost it would be the end of a huge revenue stream for Hearn and DAZN, they can hardly afford it at the moment.  Fury fight would defo never happen either, theres no doubt Hearn and Warren are waiting for that fight in Saudi for the retirement fund.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wouldn’t 90k at Wembley bring in more money that 18k in the desert?

How I understand it is the Saudi pay a very very large set fee to the promoters / fighters. And they keep all money from the tickets sales TV PPV etc.

Whereas fight in UK everything is split on percentages etc 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

At least at the lower weights there seem to be some big fights getting made - I'm looking forward to Davis-Garcia and I think the recently announced Haney-Lomachenko fight will also be a really interesting watch.

I'd like Tank to be Garcia and I think he will.

I'd like Lomachenko to beat Haney, but I don't think he will.

I think Haney is the man/kid to beat now. I think he's too big for Loma and Tank and too quick for Garcia. I don't see Lopez being able to defeat him either. 

I dont see Garcia beating Tank but the little ghetto midget hasn't looked that great his last couple of fights and arguably lost the last one and was gifted the decision. 

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I dont see Garcia beating Tank but the little ghetto midget hasn't looked that great his last couple of fights and arguably lost the last one and was gifted the decision. 

I think that's a little harsh - when your opponent quits on his stool because you've knocked the eyesight off him, I'd say you deserve the victory. 

That said, I like the ghetto midget, he's one of my favourite fighters.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't help thinking in this AJ, Franklin fight the weekend, the Franklin team have been paid to take the loss, still be the biggest payday Franklin has ever taken

There's no doubt this goes on in the sport, an if AJ lost it would be the end of a huge revenue stream for Hearn and DAZN, they can hardly afford it at the moment.  Fury fight would defo never happen either, theres no doubt Hearn and Warren are waiting for that fight in Saudi for the retirement fund.

Franklin isn't being paid to dive lol. Hearn has no sway over Franklins team. 

I also think Warren has played Usyk for a fool, promising him Fury when he knew it wouldn't be done because of demands and time constraints. Fury never wanted Usyk because he knows he's a serious threat to his 0. Plus, it also sets Usyk up to have to defend against Dubios and Joyce or vacate the belts, meaning Warren gets more than one bit at the cherry to grab the HW titles back to his stable. Warren and Fury are full on slags the way they've played Usyk and Joshua the last 18 months. 

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's a little harsh - when your opponent quits on his stool because you've knocked the eyesight off him, I'd say you deserve the victory. 

That said, I like the ghetto midget, he's one of my favourite fighters.

I was actually thinking of the Cruz fight tbh. He was very lucky to get the decision in that fight. I like him too as a fighter but I like others more. And the reason why I say ghetto is because of how he carries himself outside of the ring. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â