The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Brook is about to kick off. I might be watching it on SHO (and good lord, there are more English accents on American TV than there are on the BBC) and they are talking him up. He needs to look good again tonight, I think American TV could pick him up and run with him if things go well. He could be a superstar if he plays his cards right

Edit.

Oh, and Buffer has got to have one of the sweetest gigs in the world, right? I'll bet he's no stranger to free first class plane tickets and five star hotels and he gets a fat wedge for saying one sentence. Being the guy who legitimises big fights eh?

Edited by The_Rev

Dan's corner did the right thing there, they saved him from a pumping.   Brook was landing at will he was going to end up really hurting Jojo Dan if it allowed to continue.   

He looked good on American TV though (is this his second fight on American TV?) so he might suddenly find he is worth a lot more money than he was a year ago and that might mean Amir Khan is interested in meeting him.  I'd love a bit of that. 

Done.

Outclassed him.

That's the first time I've seen Brook - is he normally so impressive?

He looked good against Porter when he won the belt, I expected Porter to win that one easily.  Before that he was basically beating up people who weren't as good as he was so it was difficult to tell.  Brook will start facing elite level opposition now so I guess we will find out just how good he is soon but he's definitely earned his ticket at the top table. 

Brook - Khan would be interesting, but a little bit too domestic.

I'd like to see both beat a decent fighter with a global name first, drum up a bit of interest in the fight from outside the UK. Khan is lucky at the moment as Broner seems to be on a mission to make him famous, but Brook risks a lot by fighting Khan, if he loses, he has no traction again and he's further from big fights.

I fancy Brook to win. Let's face it, Brook has the better welterweight resume, his win over Porter is much better than anything Khan has done at welterweight, which is beating up a shot Luis Collazo and beating Alexander, who not only isn't very good, but someone who Porter beat the shit out of in the preceding fight. 

Brook's a big welterweight, Khan isn't, Brook has lots of power, timing and variety. It's a good fight that I think Brook wins, he'll score at least one knock down against Khan. 

Brook - Khan would be interesting, but a little bit too domestic.

I'd like to see both beat a decent fighter with a global name first, drum up a bit of interest in the fight from outside the UK. Khan is lucky at the moment as Broner seems to be on a mission to make him famous, but Brook risks a lot by fighting Khan, if he loses, he has no traction again and he's further from big fights.

Amir Khan is one of the biggest names in boxing globally.  You could argue Brook might need a win against a decent American to legitimise him some more on that side of the pond (because "global" really does mean "big in America" doesn't it?) but Brook - Khan is a world level fight both in terms of audience and what it means for the division.  If Brook is willing to fight again in June, before Ramadan remember, then it's probably as good a time as it's ever going to be for Khan to take the fight. 

• Like 1

I fancy Brook to win. Let's face it, Brook has the better welterweight resume, his win over Porter is much better than anything Khan has done at welterweight, which is beating up a shot Luis Collazo and beating Alexander, who not only isn't very good, but someone who Porter beat the shit out of in the preceding fight.

Brook's a big welterweight, Khan isn't, Brook has lots of power, timing and variety. It's a good fight that I think Brook wins, he'll score at least one knock down against Khan.

Khans speed and timing, along with his new style of jabbing and getting out will win him a decision imo. Hes much improved, lets see who he fights next theres talk of broner, bradley, cotto..any of those would be better than brooks resume.

Khans declined to fight Brook in June stating hes fighting in May.

Now i like Khan but i have no clue what hes playing at tbh, he still has no opponent and Brook holds a belt, they can fight in june just before ramadan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â