The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

So who is on this bill now?

Billy Joe Saunders, I really liked him when he was first coming through bit his career has stalled massively.

He needs to fight Eubanks jr cuz them pair hate each other and it isn't just for show either, they seem to have a genuine disliking for each other, of you watch some interviews with BJS it sounds like something went on between them that he isn't willing to talk anout

Edited by leemond2008

Pretty poor of fury to pull out tonight after all the crap he gave chisora and haye. I wonder if this fight was ever going to happen anyway and was designed to encourage people not to get a refund.

Edited by donnie

So who is on this bill now?

Billy Joe Saunders, I really liked him when he was first coming through bit his career has stalled massively.

He needs to fight Eubanks jr cuz them pair hate each other and it isn't just for show either, they seem to have a genuine disliking for each other, of you watch some interviews with BJS it sounds like something went on between them that he isn't willing to talk anout

I know eubank jnr is a bellend but I really dont like bjs. He comes across poorly in his interviews and hasnt improved. For me eubank will beat him. Edited by donnie

See I think BJS comes across quite well, he just has massive stamina issues at his current weight and I don't know if he would have any power if he moved up.

Eubanks jr would win pretty comfortably but it would be a good scrap

Billie Joe Saunders - Eubank Jr has to happen soon.  I fancy Eubank Jr in that one.  Not sure he will go on to be as good as his dad was, but then not many people were. 

He's making all the right moves, he looks good in the ring and he is a pretty decent talker outside of it.  TV loves a guy like that.  He has to look at the big domestic fights soon, maybe look at moving into the top 10 contenders within 18 months?  A lot of the middleweights at the very top level are over 30, it might be the case that Eubank Jr is the right age to catch them on the way down. 

Yeah, he is making top quality opposition look like bums.   Cotto would be a big money fight, I think GGG wins that by knockout.  Fight is here if you want it. Russian commentary, though they don't say much at all. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Cheers Rev! He's a strange fighter in some ways, he's not quick, or stylish or flashy; in fact in a lot of ways he looks pretty average - but he's brutal, he takes what you throw and hurts you with everything that he throws; he's a monster.

Cheers Rev! He's a strange fighter in some ways, he's not quick, or stylish or flashy; in fact in a lot of ways he looks pretty average - but he's brutal, he takes what you throw and hurts you with everything that he throws; he's a monster.

He just reminds me of Ivan Drago 

Constantly comes forwards and tries to break his opponent

If he dies he dies

Love it

Edited by AshVilla

You might argue that he is stereotypically East European in style, it's all stuff straight out of the textbook but he can get away with being so orthodox because of his power.  I do think he is exceptionally strong in cutting the ring off, he can walk people down and step into the area they are trying to use to get away from him. His ability to read that is exceptional.  I guess when you combine that with what is undoubtedly an extreme intimidation factor at the moment.  There is a lot of speculation over where he goes from Cotto. He might have to go up or down a division after he has cleaned up at 160 and then you have to wonder if he can make a lower weight or take his power with him to a higher one.  Canelo Alvarez is being mentioned and that would be a massive fight on PPV but would Canelo want it? 

You might argue that he is stereotypically East European in style, it's all stuff straight out of the textbook but he can get away with being so orthodox because of his power.  I do think he is exceptionally strong in cutting the ring off, he can walk people down and step into the area they are trying to use to get away from him. His ability to read that is exceptional.  I guess when you combine that with what is undoubtedly an extreme intimidation factor at the moment.  There is a lot of speculation over where he goes from Cotto. He might have to go up or down a division after he has cleaned up at 160 and then you have to wonder if he can make a lower weight or take his power with him to a higher one.  Canelo Alvarez is being mentioned and that would be a massive fight on PPV but would Canelo want it? 

I think Canelo would take it, I don't think he ducks many people, I know his record is padded with a lot of shite but his last few fights have been Trout, Mayweather and Lara who are all dangerous fighters.

I just don't think that it will happen because he is the cash cow and GGG would most likely beat him

Â