The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

When's Anthony Joshua going to fight? People seem to be raving about him.

I've only seen him fight about 3 blokes, all of them utter shite, but yeah he looks really good at the moment, easy to see why he's generating the hype

• Like 1

I haven't bothered with the boxing tonight, there isn't anyone on that I really want to watch.

Did anyone see Deontay Wilder fighting the internet troll in the gym?

There's a video of it online but I'm on my phone so can't put it up.

Probably the toughest opponent Wilder has had yet

I haven't bothered with the boxing tonight, there isn't anyone on that I really want to watch.

Did anyone see Deontay Wilder fighting the internet troll in the gym?

There's a video of it online but I'm on my phone so can't put it up.

Probably the toughest opponent Wilder has had yet

That internet troll is one strange bloke. He's posted loads of videos on YouTube about how he's the world champion and best pound for pound fighter ever. He actually believes it as well. A total nutjob and fantasist.

Stiverne vs Arreloa was fantastic. Cant wait to see Stiverne V Wilder.

Sad reflection on the state of heavyweight boxing though that wilder's 'fight' with a troll gets way bigger press coverage then Stiverne becoming heavyweight champion of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Stiverne vs Arreloa was fantastic. Cant wait to see Stiverne V Wilder.

Sad reflection on the state of heavyweight boxing though that wilder's 'fight' with a troll gets way bigger press coverage then Stiverne becoming heavyweight champion of the world.

Well Stiverne isn't really the champ of the world, he's a paper champ isn't he, great fight though.

Froch - Groves is so tough to call, we've already seen from the first first Groves can land at will pretty much but in doing so he will leave himself open to attacks from Froch. The main factor for me is that Froch looked OLD in his last fight, maybe he didn't put in 100% in training because he underestimated him but he just seemed to be lacking something.

If I was putting money down I think it would be on Groves.

All the hype is starting to annoy me a bit to be honest, they are billing it as the biggest british fight etc.... sorry that's not the case.

Define biggest I guess.  They have sold out Wembley Stadium so there must be something in it.  I can't call the fight, a couple of weeks ago I'd have said Groves on points (I don't think Froch will be stopped in a fight before he retires, he has a fantastic chin) but recently I have changed my mind and think Froch will win. It's a 50/50 fight.

On a similar note whats happened to Andre Ward?

Watched his fight against Froch the other night, although he plays every trick in the book hes a hell of a fighter and totally outclassed froch, why has he barely boxed since then?

Khan definitely picked up a few tips from Hunter for his last fight, holding the arms in a clinch etc...

I'm sticking with what I said last time it'll either be Groves in the first 3 or Froch between 7 and 9.

One thing that annoys me with these fights is that whilst its great that it has got the casual fans attention all of a sudden they are the biggest boxing experts ever, I was talking to a kid at work today and he was talking absolute nonsense about the fight to the point I had to actually ask him if he has ever watched boxing before, his reply was 'yeah I watched the last fight between Froch and Groves' he said he hasn't ever really watched boxing because he doesn't like it.

Back onto the usual boxing thread after the Froch v groves one took over.

Roach apparently wants the pacman to fight Alvarez....at a catch weight of 150, what a **** joke, Canello struggled to **** to hit 152 against floyd so why the hell would he drop even more weight to fight manny?

I hate catch weight fights, on fight nights I am pretty sure there is usually 5 weights between manny and Canello.

Canello would have zero power or speed and would be gassed in the early rounds, Roach is just talking absolute shite with this one

any way here is the next few weeks of boxing (on Boxnation anyway)

Some good fights coming up, looking forward to Martinez and Cotto but the big one is obviously Canello and Lara, that has the potential to be a cracker, Buglioni is fighting soon as well, that will be interesting after the way he got KTFO in his last fight, you've also got Rigondeaux coming up soon along with Fury v Chisora

Jon Lewis Dickinson

V

Ovill McKenzie

DavidPrice

V

YaroslavZavorotnyi

SergioMartinez

V

MiguelCotto

RobertGuerrero

V

YoshihiroKamegai

Gary Russell Junior
V

Vasyl Lomachenko

Devon Alexander
V

Jesus Soto Karass

ErislandyLara

V

Saul Alvarez

Juan Manuel Lopez

V

Francisco Vargas

Johan Perez

V

Mauricio Herrera

any way here is the next few weeks of boxing (on Boxnation anyway)

Some good fights coming up, looking forward to Martinez and Cotto but the big one is obviously Canello and Lara, that has the potential to be a cracker, Buglioni is fighting soon as well, that will be interesting after the way he got KTFO in his last fight, you've also got Rigondeaux coming up soon along with Fury v Chisora

Jon Lewis Dickinson

V

Ovill McKenzie

DavidPrice

V

YaroslavZavorotnyi

SergioMartinez

V

MiguelCotto

RobertGuerreroV

YoshihiroKamegai

Gary Russell Junior

V

Vasyl Lomachenko

Devon Alexander

V

Jesus Soto Karass

ErislandyLara

V

Saul Alvarez

Juan Manuel Lopez

V

Francisco Vargas

Johan Perez

V

Mauricio Herrera

Lara will beat Alverez imo. Also as alverez is goldenboy, pacman toprank that fight cant happen so not sure what roach is talking about. Pacman recently signed a new deal with toprank meaning the mayweather fight will defo never happen now.

Cant choose between martinez v cotto. Martinez looked washed up against murray but can cotto successfully move up in weight especially as he is also past his best.

Â