The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Yeah it was a cracker.

Didn't know who Molina was before but I liked what I saw

If he had used the same tactics from the first 4-5 rounds he could have won that, going toe to toe with Matthysse is a dangerous game, when he got in and got back out again Lucas was really struggling to land anything on him

I think Lucas' power was just grinding him down, Lucas always had his moments in the first 5 rounds and won round 4 pretty clearly, he was setting things up with the jab very well and his left hook is excellent. 

Lucas definitely did struggle with the Molina's reach but I felt he made some really good adjustments, like investing more to the body and doubling up on the left hook. 

I'm surprised Molina was able to drop him twice though although the second KD was from a rabbit punch. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Quite a lot of action tonight. 

I think Khan could well come unstuck against Collazo. Mayweather will have target practice with Maidana although I can only hope Maidana manages to catch him with something big. 

Can't wait for the fights tonight

Broner to win on points

Collazo to win via ko

Mayweather to win on points £5 = £180

Broner to win on points

Khan to win via ko

Mayweather to win on points £5 = £150

Looks like there's been issues with Maidana's gloves.

Maidana had some custom Everlast MX gloves that the Mayweather camp said they would refuse to fight if he wore them, the Nevada state athletic commission sided with Mayweather. The commission then found some red Everlast MX gloves and Mayweather again refused that. Mayweather also turned down Maidana's camps proposal to wear Reyes gloves, which are more like Everlast gloves.

This is interesting and I wouldn't be surprised if Maidana comes to the ring wearing a big ass pair of Grants. Everlast gloves are smaller, more bullet like and conducive to punchers whilst Grants are wider and more pillow like, often chose by defensive boxers who like to block punches.

It's an obvious ploy by camp Mayweather to disadvantage Maidana, let's hope they don't give in.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

just read that Mayweather is set to earn 30 mill + for this fight alone and maidana will earn something like 1.5 mill

What a business man i guess thats why he's called "money" mayweather

I've personally laid down some money on Collazo winning via stoppage, I tend to bet Khan's opponent to win via KO whenever he's in there with someone who is world class (or close to that), or if he's in with a puncher. 

The fact that Collazo is big for a welterweight and has underrated power makes it a decent bet IMO. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I also think for Mayweather to win by stoppage he would have to go toe to toe with Maidana which i can't see happening

He will have been told to respect his power fight defensively and hit him on the counter

Edited by AshVilla

Well I did think Maidana is very weak to the body, Khan dropped him with a body shot and Lopez hurt Maidana badly with a body shot in their fight and Mayweather can certainly throw a very good left hook to the body so it's not implausible. 

I think mayweather has said he plans to stand in front of him tonight but I can't see that happening, it'll be a typical mayweather fight again, he doesn't need to stand in front of anyone.

I'm interested to see how Broner does tonight, he looked shocked and bemused after he got beat last time, he hasn't been anywhere near as loud as he normally is.

Khan got wobbled by every word removed that laid one on him at his old weight so the extra power that comes with being at 147 has the potential to cause him massive problems, this is his natural weight though so he may do well, I hope he gets KTFO though. If he does get beat then I can't see where he will go from here

Edited by leemond2008

I think mayweather has said he plans to stand in front of him tonight but I can't see that happening, it'll be a typical mayweather fight again, he doesn't need to stand in front of anyone.

I'm interested to see how Broner does tonight, he looked shocked and bemused after he got beat last time, he hasn't been anywhere near as loud as he normally is.

Khan got wobbled by every word removed that laid one on him at his old weight so the extra power that comes with being at 147 has the potential to cause him massive problems, this is his natural weight though so he may do well, I hope he gets KTFO though. If he does get beat then I can't see where he will go from here

I'm sure he will still get a final payday v brook should the worse happen tonight

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â