The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Another win against another poor fighter - he's in a strange situation at the minute, he can't find fighters at the level he needs to develop and he needs to decide whether he takes a big risk and fights someone he might not be quite ready for.

Eubanks Jr is still fighting door men in eight rounders at the age of 24. 

He ought to step it up at his age, I can only assume that he didn't have much of an extensive amateur career.

In other news David Price wins via 3rd round KO but embarrassingly gets sent to the canvas in round one, his glass ear again the area hit

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I would guess that it would be about 4/4:30am

I'm staying up for it, interesting undercard as well with both Vasquez and Beltran fighting so I'll be watching them as well.

I've watched the lot tonight Buglioni got done big time, he looked quite promising a year or two ago but I get the feeling that he thinks he is better than what he is, and what the ref was doing giving a standing 8 count when the fight should clearly have been stopped and then he looked like he wanted to ignore Franks corner when they stopped it.

Skeet is shit I hate watching him.

As for Eubanks he looks good against bums I think a fight with Billy Joe Saunders would be a good one, Billy Joe has got real stale in his last few fights and has massive stamina issues, I'd say he needs to move up a weight and then he might find a bit more power as well. The fight would generate a bit of interest, especially as them two **** hate each other outside the ring already

Buglioni loses tonight too. He has been a hype job for a few years now, I guess Warren might have to rethink who his next golden boy is going to be...

Well it was a good fight with Pacquiao the clear winner.

Bradley did some very good things, his best moments came from him using his jab and looking to counter, mixing it up with some ambush like attacks. The problem was that he was looking to load up too much, it left him flat footed and wild, allowing Pacquiao to pick him off. 

I'm not sure why they fought Bradley could knock Pacquiao out, Bradley isn't a puncher, it was a massive tactical error to just try and load up and catch Pacquiao in the exchanges. 

Pacquiao for what it's worth doesn't quite have the movement that he once had, he wasn't showing Bradley enough angles, but he was able to show flashes and come on strong in the second half of the fight. The fact is a past his prime Pacquiao still has the stuff to beat a very strong, younger and very hungry primed champion in Bradley, pretty impressive. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Yeah Bradley was looking to load up too much especially in the early rounds, The Pac Man clearly isn't what he was however he was the clear winner, I missed the final couple of rounds because it must have ran over past 6am so the recording cut out.

I still haven't watched the undercard yet either, I was planning on staying up to watch it all but sleep took me in the end

Shawn Porter absolutely destroyed Paulie last night.   He is coming for Kell Brook and he is going to annihilate Kell Brook. 

Didn't catch the B-Hop fight but he has unified the light heavyweight division at the age of 49. The man is a living legend. 

R.I.P. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

Obvious move I know but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr8Wn1Mwwwk

Just talking about the Denzel film in that thread too, I'm not saying spooky or anything haha, just coincidence.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

Shawn Porter absolutely destroyed Paulie last night.   He is coming for Kell Brook and he is going to annihilate Kell Brook. 

Didn't catch the B-Hop fight but he has unified the light heavyweight division at the age of 49. The man is a living legend. 

Agreed, Kell could be in deep trouble. He struggled immensely with Carson Jones who really brought the pressure to him, Porter will bring even more pressure with his relentless style and foot speed, on top of that he's intelligent using distance and much more in the way of shot selection and power.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â