General Chat

AVFCLaura

I only really post in the main VT bit when the new kit is due out as im into shirt design and find the discussion interesting and like to look at fan designs (good and the down right hideous).

Had a shift booked in at work today from the nhs agency, got there to find out its been changed to tomorrow now! Grrrrrrrr! **** ring me and tell me then you word removed's :angry:

Drove from rednal to moseley and then back again, luckily they have agreed to pay for my petrol. Still, unexpected afternoon off so cant moan!

It's that time of year where VillaTalk becomes better than Off Topic.
Only temporarily, until we appoint the next manager. Then the pro- and anti- camps will start off at each other and it'll be time to GTFO again.

Don't forget the transfer window though, the rumours ranging from ridiculous to pant wetting exciting, the supposed ITK's and guessing line ups for the next season. It's is generally good during the summer.

I guess there is an irony in the less football Villa are playing the better the VillaTalk forum is.

I'm a bit love/hate with the main forum and transfer rumours; I can't resist reading to see what might be in the offing, but that also starts off the schoolkids.

"Why the **** are we talking about buying [X]? Totally **** overrated - I'm sending back my season ticket if this is the standard of player we are looking at. We should be signing [Y] from Dynamo Somewhere, a bargain at £50 million. Randy just shows no ambition".

"[Y]? You're kidding me, right? He's shit - probably the worst player I've ever seen in my three years of watching football. I just signed [Z] on FM, and he scored 45 goals in his first season, and Villa won the Premiership, FA Cup AND Champions League".

etc., etc.

Is this not in essence why we love football so much though ?

The main forum is funny though, it's the mix that provides the amusement. Hard core tacticians and thinkers combined with "just go and X Y Z on him and then get him and C L here we come"

I relax when on the main forum, why ?

Because I am always right :D

Got an interview tomorrow for a sales job at Matalan, anyone got any tips?

Stay relaxed, smile, try not to fidget and take your time answering questions.

Dress as smartly as you can and get there with time to spare. Do some research online tonight about the history of Matalan in case it comes up , which it might. Make sure your nails are clean and you don't smell. Other than that just be yourself.

Take a pad of paper and a pen. You don't have to write anything, just make it look as if you're willing to write if needed.

ON one page of the pad write down some questions that could be asked. You don't have to ask them, but write them down.

What are the chances of progression?

Are hours flexible?

What responsibilities will I have?

etc

At the end of the interview when they ask you "are there any questions?" you can turn to these questions. if you genuinely want to ask something, then ask it.

If not then just give the questions a quick scan and say "No, I think we covered everything, thankyou"

It'll make you look very prepared and interested.

Take a pad of paper and a pen. You don't have to write anything, just make it look as if you're willing to write if needed.

ON one page of the pad write down some questions that could be asked. You don't have to ask them, but write them down.

Are hours flexible?

etc

At the end of the interview when they ask you "are there any questions?" you can turn to these questions. if you genuinely want to ask something, then ask it.

If not then just give the questions a quick scan and say "No, I think we covered everything, thankyou"

thats a very good tip. never seen that or thought of it before, but yes, it would make me think that candidate is well prepared & professional.

Aye, it sucks. :-( but I went out and got pissed with some of the cool people from work last night. met and spoke to an amazing new Island band (Council estate supermodels, check them out!) and then sat in Ryde for an hour in the cold waiting for a bus with my zip on my trousers busted lol.

so after meeting with some supermodels, your zip was busted.

ahem.

Are hours flexible?

etc

thats a very good tip. never seen that or thought of it before, but yes, it would make me think that candidate is well prepared & professional.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT draw a cock on your notepad during the interview.

Ask about whether the situation of cheaper labour in India/Brazil is helping or hindering the company. It worked for me.

Interview done, it was a **** group one! I hate them! Kinda took the lead with speaking but gave others the chances to, spoke to everyone in the group that I could while making sure I got noticed be the women giving interviews. Find out by end of the week if got through or not.

sales assistant
sports direct
communication isn't the best

You can **** well say that again.

• "Excuse me, could you tell me if you have this in a bigger size please?"
    "...ut."
    "Sorry, what?"
    "...ummmm."
    "I don't understand what you're saying"
    "...everyfinsoutizout, ai?"

^Excerpt from an actual conversation that took place in the Basingstoke branch of Sports Direct.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â