General Chat

AVFCLaura

What's with camping and hiking!!! it requires effort. Why do you want to do put effort into anything when you're taking a break!!!!!!!!
Totally different sort of effort from working, though. And it has its rewards.

All I know is that sitting down with a pint after a long walk or run, is massively, massively more satisfying than sitting down for a pint instead of doing the long walk or run.

It just is. Try it.

What's with camping and hiking!!! it requires effort. Why do you want to do put effort into anything when you're taking a break!!!!!!!!

Probably the same reason you play football.

Different on so many levels. I guess I'm just not a fan of self achieving and the rewards from that aren't big enough to mean the effort put in is justified.

Football is different, it's a team game, the enjoyment of being and playing with other people firstly means enjoyment rises. Being part of a team is enjoyable. Just like hiking by yourself is just a plain 'no, never in my life...'....where as doing it with 15 friends, it becomes at least something i wouldn't mind doing but still if given the option, would reject as just don't see 'the goal' other than a day out.

In football, you are also playing to beat opposition and other people which also gives you satisfaction. Plus the fact football takes skill, without putting down hiking, in reality, to me anyway, most able bodied people if they wanted too could hike, where as you have to be moderately skilled at football to play at certain levels etc.

then there is people watching, makes it better.

I love football but if just 2/3 friends asked me to go local park for a kick about, I'd say no also. just no enjoyment really. where as 10/12 people...it's good.

Different on so many levels. I guess I'm just not a fan of self achieving and the rewards from that aren't big enough to mean the effort put in is justified.

Football is different, it's a team game, the enjoyment of being and playing with other people firstly means enjoyment rises. Being part of a team is enjoyable. Just like hiking by yourself is just a plain 'no, never in my life...'....where as doing it with 15 friends, it becomes at least something i wouldn't mind doing but still if given the option, would reject as just don't see 'the goal' other than a day out.

In football, you are also playing to beat opposition and other people which also gives you satisfaction. Plus the fact football takes skill, without putting down hiking, in reality, to me anyway, most able bodied people if they wanted too could hike, where as you have to be moderately skilled at football to play at certain levels etc.

I love football but if just 2/3 friends asked me to go local park for a kick about, I'd say no also. just no enjoyment really. where as 10/12 people...it's good.

Nope. For me hiking (actually, cycling, or walking, there isn't much to hike up around here) is about watching the scenery and the world go by at the same time.

Edit: My point being that there's not really much effort per se put in if you enjoy whatever you're doing. Be it cycling, hiking, or football. Even work.

Nope. For me hiking (actually, cycling, or walking, there isn't much to hike up around here) is about watching the scenery and the world go by at the same time.

Edit: My point being that there's not really much effort per se put in if you enjoy whatever you're doing. Be it cycling, hiking, or football. Even work.

This. Getting away from the crowds is a major attraction. The sight of trees and hills rather than concrete and neon. The increasingly rare experience of silence (or at least only being able to hear the wind, birdsong, etc., but no traffic or crowd noise). Clean air that smells of heather (or hell, even cowshit), rather than carbon monoxide and burnt chip fat. All with the feeling that you've given your legs and lungs a good workout.

This. Getting away from the crowds is a major attraction. The sight of trees and hills rather than concrete and neon. The increasingly rare experience of silence (or at least only being able to hear the wind, birdsong, etc., but no traffic or crowd noise). Clean air that smells of heather (or hell, even cowshit), rather than carbon monoxide and burnt chip fat. All with the feeling that you've given your legs and lungs a good workout.
:thumb:

Um, a bit freaked out. Some guy just walked into my job and made an appointment with me for April 6th. He started talking about the first time he saw the Rolling Stones, and the second,then how he works for the government but he is suing his boss for saying he would take a fillet knife to someone,he then talked about the first Animals album he bought,then talked about how his dad was a code breaker for WWII,then wanted to know if he could pick a girl when he came in and thus far wanted me, and mentioned something about a black man names Zenylphone *yes Zenylphone* Brooken who apparently was mad at him for his daddy being a plantation owner which he had nothing to do with. Then told me he has no phone but will be getting one now that he kicked out the people he had a problem with. FINALLY the phone rang and he left.

Come to Europe. No dangerous lunatics over here, nossir.

Pssssh. Even your youth is vicious. :P

It's OK, I keep him in a cage.

Now THAT'S good parenting.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â