General Chat

AVFCLaura

Can someone tell me what is actually in the census for q17. Being in Turkey I aint got access to a hard copy!
For people in England it is blank as per the picture a few posts up.

For those in the principality it's a question about the Welsh language.

For people in England it is blank as per the picture a few posts up.

For those in the principality it's a question about the Welsh language.

Thankyou kind sir.

But it's funner than that.

It actually says: "Q. 17 - This question is intentionally blank, go to Q. 18".

I think it would be even better if Q. 18 said: "Go to Q. 17". Could keep a bluenose occupied for days.

Guess you can sit on a bench on friday night...

The starting Centre back didn't turn up.

So I got the nod to stand in.

We won 3-0 and I got man of the match. Somehow I don't think I'll be getting dropped again!

Well it looks like you all owe me £1 each.

We have over 52,000 members here, if everyone did donate £1 each to me I could buy a Ford Falcon and get that eye surgery I've needed for the past few years :?

I will donate 2 bucks to your cause :)

*in other news*

I just got home from the night job and I am wired! I need to sleep. Getting up mega early for the 15k. Worse than not sleeping is that it's going to be cold. Just so nervous but getting excited. I have to do this. I know I can so I need to. If I am too exhausted to move *or I'm dead* then I might not be back on so I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C. The Russians used a pencil.

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C. The Russians used a pencil.

Yes it is an urban myth.

The reason why you can't use a pencil in space is because you can't have the shavings or broken lead pieces floating around the cabin and getting into the equipment.

Also, NASA didn't spend a penny developing the pen. A private company invented it and then sold them to NASA (and the Russians!) for use in their space programmes.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â