General Chat

AVFCLaura

What the **** is going on in North Africa?

It's all kicking off.

People finally getting fed up of putting up with dictatorships?

If people want a more democratic society (although isn't Egypt a democracy?) then fair play to them.

Apparently the Army has been sent in and the National Democractic Party's hq is on fire.

What the **** is going on in North Africa?

It's all kicking off.

People finally getting fed up of putting up with dictatorships?

If people want a more democratic society (although isn't Egypt a democracy?) then fair play to them.

For some value of democracy, I guess...

Yeah I was thrown by the title of 'national democratic party'.

:D

I'm not sure they have 'trade descriptions' or its equivalent there, neither. :P

It's going to be an interesting night for them in Cairo.

Chap just on the 'phone to the beeb reckoned that he thought the army wouldn't fire on the people and that they were not as corruptly in the grip of Mubarak as the police.

BBC Arabic correspondent Khaled Ezzelarab in Cairo reports: "Despite the curfew, demonstrators are surrounding the building of Egyptian radio and TV and trying to break into it. The building is guarded by armed forces, and the demonstrators are cheering for the army, while the latter is not getting into confrontations with the people."

Sounds like a coup could be on the cards...

Chap just on the 'phone to the beeb reckoned that he thought the army wouldn't fire on the people and that they were not as corruptly in the grip of Mubarak as the police.

Sounds like yer man's confidence may have been misplaced.

Beeb reporting more frequent and heavier sounding 'fire' on the streets and some sort of explosion.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â